Ubiquiti G4 Pro Doorbell Camera

kklee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully integrated Ubiquiti's G4 Pro Doorbell Camera with Blue Iris?
I have one working great with BI.

First thing to do is to enable RTSPS on the camera in Unifi Protect, which will give you a RTSPS URL for a camera feed from the Protect host. I don't think you can get a direct feed from the doorbell.

You then need to change the URL for the feed to work in BI since BI does not support RTSPS. Change the port from 7441 to 7447 and drop ?enableSrtp.

For example, the URL generated by Unifi Protect: rtsps:/ipaddress:7441/characterstring?enableSrtp
For BI camera configuration, set the camera connection to RTSP and supply the modifed URL: ipaddress:7447/characterstring
Set the Audio type to RTSP
Enable the 'Skip MAC, HTTP, DNS Reachability tests' checkbox, not sure if you need this if you only have one Protect feed, but I have two and BI gets confused since the cameras feeds use the same MAC address

Michael Garrett

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have one working great with BI.

First thing to do is to enable RTSPS on the camera in Unifi Protect, which will give you a RTSPS URL for a camera feed from the Protect host. I don't think you can get a direct feed from the doorbell.

You then need to change the URL for the feed to work in BI since BI does not support RTSPS. Change the port from 7441 to 7447 and drop ?enableSrtp.

For example, the URL generated by Unifi Protect: rtsps:/ipaddress:7441/characterstring?enableSrtp
For BI camera configuration, set the camera connection to RTSP and supply the modifed URL: ipaddress:7447/characterstring
Set the Audio type to RTSP
Enable the 'Skip MAC, HTTP, DNS Reachability tests' checkbox, not sure if you need this if you only have one Protect feed, but I have two and BI gets confused since the cameras feeds use the same MAC address
I found a post from 5 years ago addressing this. However, I can’t seem to find this in the app to unable RTSPS.

kklee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I found a post from 5 years ago addressing this. However, I can’t seem to find this in the app to unable RTSPS.
It's a checkbox in the Advanced camera settings in Protect. You have options for different resolutions as well as for the package view. Since you can't use substreams with the RTSP setting in BI, I use the High Resolution link.

Michael Garrett

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My Protect app doesn't have an Advanced camera option in the Settings. It has Recordings, Push Notifications, System, Console, Admins, App Preferences, and Primary Devices but no "Advanced".

kklee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My Protect app doesn't have an Advanced camera option in the Settings. It has Recordings, Push Notifications, System, Console, Admins, App Preferences, and Primary Devices but no "Advanced".
Sounds like you're looking at the main Protect Settings, wrong place.

You need to be looking at the Camera settings. From the main Protect menu, click on Devices, then the doorbell and then Settings for the camera. On the version of Protect I'm using (2.11.21), Advanced setting is towards the bottom of the list.

Michael Garrett

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've been here as well. What I have here is the Camera Name, Microphone, infrared, Status Sounds, Status Light, Camera Picture adjustment, Doorbell Message, Share Livestream, Push Notifications, Chime and Manage, no "Advanced."

kklee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have no idea why you don't see Advanced in your camera settings. I'm running Protect on a UDM Pro, might be different for other Unifi devices if you're running Protect on something else. Maybe ask on the Unifi forums?