Turrets or Bullets?

Coal_Cracker

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So I have been testing out the cams I bought a few weeks ago and everything has been going well so far. Now I want to buy a few more I have a couple spots picked out, I'm going to stick with the 5442 line up. I was thinking two more turrets and one bullet. I wanted to put the two turrets T5442T-ZE on either side of the garage in the space with the aluminum fascia and the one bullet B5442E-Z4E on the side with the entry door in the soffit.

I know I have seen people post only buy bullets and I have also seen people say buy what works for the application. Is there and reason the bullets would be a better option over the turrets for the locations I have picked out. I belive the bullets would be to large to put on the fascia 12"x12" but would work if I put them in the soffit which is 8" wide.

Attachments

ThomasCamFan

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
When using typical Dahua cameras I like their turrets for the following reasons:

1. Turrets have better aesthetics on a home. Bullets look like something that would be on a industrial/office site. Some prefer the industrial look, I don't.
2. Wasps ignore my turrets. But when I had bullets those little pests constantly flew into the lens during the day and caused events to trigger.
3. Most turrets have built-in mics. Internal mics can be hit/miss on bullets.

FWIW, bullets allow for more lens options due to the larger focal length. And some support alarm I/O and speakers.