Turret to dome camera wall mount adapter

sophie999

n3wb
Reaction score
Greetings,

I currently have hikvision DS-2cd2132F-1 dome on wall mount. Thinking of replacing it with the HikV DS-2CD2385G1-I turret. Was told turret is better than dome, especially at night, with a larger sensor. The wall is stucco, and I would prefer NOT to drill extra holes in it. Is there a way I can use the existing wall mount? I know turret is bigger than dome. Is there an adapter I can use to utilize an existing wall mount?

Thanks

inline6

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Greetings,

I currently have hikvision DS-2cd2132F-1 dome on wall mount. Thinking of replacing it with the HikV DS-2CD2385G1-I turret. Was told turret is better than dome, especially at night, with a larger sensor. The wall is stucco, and I would prefer NOT to drill extra holes in it. Is there a way I can use the existing wall mount? I know turret is bigger than dome. Is there an adapter I can use to utilize an existing wall mount?

Thanks
I'm looking at the same camera to purchase, too.
Did you acquire one, and are you happy with the night performance?
It would be appreciated if you posted some day and night clips please.
Thanks

sophie999

n3wb
Reaction score
No. I have not bought one yet, until I know what it would take to swap the two cameras.
The older HV cameras have quite poor night vision, although it is basically pitch black where I live. I cannot see anything at night.