Turret mounting position

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
What is the correct way to mount a Dahua Turret camera guys, i noticed a Dahua today that was mounted on a vertical flat surface with the lens at the top and the IR underneath, it just looked wrong

GuiBou

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What is the correct way to mount a Dahua Turret camera guys, i noticed a Dahua today that was mounted on a vertical flat surface with the lens at the top and the IR underneath, it just looked wrong
I think that the more important is not how the camera looks like...but how the camera sees you...

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
I think that the more important is not how the camera looks like...but how the camera sees you...
yes i know dat lol, but because i have no experience with the Dahua software i was unsure as to what angle the image would be displayed, at a guess you can flip vertical for upside down but does it have a 90deg option because if the lens and IR are supposed to be mounted inline horizontally then this camera is mounted 90degs out

actually it does matter i guess because mounted incorrectly surely the lens is prone to water/dust contamination

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
That's corridor mode. It'd look the same on a Hik. Dust doesn't care if the lens is on top or beside the IR.