Turret camera lens replacement?

jared555

n3wb
Reaction score
Is it possible for end users to easily replace the lens on the turret cameras like the DS-2CD2342WD-I? Looking at the turret cameras since there is nothing in front of the lens although I do have concerns about direct exposure to the outdoors.

I was thinking about something like this: http://www.m12lenses.com/25-0mm-F1-4-Mega-Pixel-CCTV-Board-Lens-p/pt-2514bmp.htm to allow for better license plate identification combined with a couple iR illuminators.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Possible but tricky and easy to brick your camera.

Easier to get a Huisun v2 10x

CodeGreen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I dont own a 2342, so i dont know how they come apart. But with 2032, 2132, 2232, theyre all fairly simple to replace the lens. Takes a bit of fine turning and precision. But if you can take it apart all the way to the lens it shouldnt be to difficult.

As long as its the right size lens, youre good to go.

The difficult part comes when focusing the lens, its difficult cause you have to focus it to the distance you will be using it at. That said i was on a ladder adding a 6mm lens to the 2032 and adjusting it to focus at a trees leaf. I then put a little hot glue once i had it where i wanted it.

dont know why the other guy said itd brick it. I removed the lens, wires and ribbon cables on the 2032 while it was still plugged in and had to problem what so ever.(though i suggest not leaving it plugged in when removing those wires/ribbons, i took the chance cause i wasnt to worried about damaging it)

Last edited by a moderator: