Turret camera base extension

CenterDev

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’m putting a turret camera under the roof eave. Initial testing and location look good. A very small portion of the gutter is reflecting IR light on to the lens at night. A 1-2” piece of wood would solve my problem, but would prefer to have a nicer finish. Is there a 5” round base available on the market? All I found is an angled based. Thanks.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My neighbor used a little bit of aluminum trim around the top half of the camera and painted it matte black and that solved the IR bounce. Or lower the angle or the camera itself.

He still gets nice video of the top of heads with the camera mounted that high, but that is another topic and discussion LOL.

Or you could try this. A different style camera, but it could still work with a turret.

CenterDev

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For that location, it is a Hikvision OEM camera. looking for 5" diameter base (actual camera base is 4.75"), I only need to extend 1-2". wittaj gave me a couple of good ideas to try and investigate.

Thank you both. I'll report back on which method I end up with.

fstfrd50

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use IMG_3890.jpg
cam mount model # JB-TZ for all my camera’s, purchased at Nelly’s Security that’s slightly over-sized for dome, turrets & bullet camera bases. Best part that there’s approximately 2.315. depth of space to tuck in the wires, with a 5 inch ++ diameter base to work with. The holes are pre-drilled and threaded with screws included. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk