Trying to modify Schedule.. Help files are not very useful!

Reaction score
Using "Blue-Iris 3 Software"
I see no clear way of updating the schedule for use during my closed hours of of operation: 6pm-4:30am

These are the hours I require protection for my business,
and I need the software to be active during this time frame, so it can notify me via email.

Any suggestions are most appreciated.

Thank You, Glenn

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman,

Thank you for the prompt reply..
It seems that this schedule option, has much to be desired..
I was able to make a little more sense after watching the video, however; it seems that I'm still limited in making this work for me..
(As it won't allow me to make 2 separate times for my needed schedule.)
For instance, I can use a profile I created called "Motion Detection" for the time frame between 12am-4:30am
But I still require a second time frame using the "Motion Detection" profile for the time frame between 6pm-12am

To accommodate the true schedule of my required time frame: 6pm-4:30am

Am I still missing something, or is this just a bad design?

Thanks,

Glenn

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually the design is VERY flexible...you are not understanding it fully. You can do the most insane type of scheduling with blue iris. You need to play with it more to learn it.
If you just want motion detection from 6pm to 4:30 am, the simplest way is to set profile 1, green, to be active during those times. Set the rest of the times to inactive, or a different profile say profile 2, and dont enable recording...
What is it that you want to do? do you want recording only from 6pm to 4:30am? but the rest of the time you dont want any recording? or do you want to record all the time, but only limit alerts to 6pm to 4:30am?

Reaction score
I want to have the ability to record when motion is detected, sending me email notifications: during 6pm-4:30am
The rest of the time I do not wish to record, or receive any alerts(or emails).

Thanks Again,

Glenn

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Easy...in the global schedule, push the days button until all days are in bold...select profile to draw and choose green (profile 1)... draw it all green, profile 1 (all the bars should be green)... Then select inactive from the drop down menu and draw inactive into the hours you dont want the camera recording....
IF you want the cameras to display on the screen during inactive times then in the cameras own schedule tab select, continue to display while inactive (do not check any of the other boxes)
Your global schedule should look like this

Now in each of your cameras in the record, motion and alert tabs make sure they are all enabled and properly set for profile 1. Remember in the record, motion and alert tabs the profile dropdown is NOT to select a profile for that camera to use, rather you select what options you want during profile 1 2 3 etc..do for example you can set not recording for profile 3...or a different make time or motion sensitivity during profile 4.

Attachments

Reaction score
Man... You ROCK!
That was the best set of instructions!

Most helpful!

Thank you very much!

Glenn

ericdt

n3wb
Reaction score
I am sorry to feel like a dummy, but how do I do this for just emails (I want to activate emails from 10 PM through 7 AM)? Thank you.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am sorry to feel like a dummy, but how do I do this for just emails (I want to activate emails from 10 PM through 7 AM)? Thank you.
Set a separate profile that is active during 10pm to 7am...in that profile enable alerts and select email...for the other profile dont enable alerts..remember when you add a profile you need to set the record. motion and alert settings to your preferences as they are dependent on the profile.