Trying to get a couple camera's working on Blue Iris

restez

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a veevocam by tenvis that I have tried to hook up and when I plug it in and use the IP camera tool to see which ip address it has it duplicates one of my other already working camera's with the same ip address. I have tried all kinds of settings and still nothing. The other camera's on my system are all the older X10's and they work great on Blue Iris. It has an ip address on the back of the camera 192.168.1.239.81 with the user adminbut I have tried all kind of settings and still no go. The other camera I have is a Chinese one that has nothing on the camera or box to identify it. Any help on these two would be appreciated
Thanks

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not really sure what you are trying to say.

It looks like your new camera comes from the factory with a static IP address that conflicts with the address of another camera on your network. You could try changing the address of the first camera before you plug the second camera in.

You say one of your cameras has an address 192.168.1.239.81 but this is invalid. Most likely the 81 is a port number which means you would put a colon before it like this 192.168.1.239:81

For your unidentifiable Chinese camera, I hope it came with software or a user manual otherwise you may have trouble finding its address!

timb

n3wb
Reaction score
Not sure how new you are to all this, so sorry if this is obvious, but BI will not allow you to change the IP address of the cameras...you would need to use their own software to do this.

Most of the cams I have owned have had some kind of web interface, if you type their IP into a browser. This is usually where you would be able to change the settings on the camera itself. So you would need to go there, change the IP for the camera and then BI should be happy.

fwiw...when I was recently testing a faulty camera, I grabbed an app on my iPad 'Ping Lite'...this will tell you which IP numbers are active and responding on your LAN right at that moment...quite handy :)