Trying to connect to the video steams on a HeimVision HM241 Security System with out their "Eseecloud" Windows application.

stevenjus

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Basically, I made the mistake of buying this "Security" system a while back, in which there is no way (to my knowledge) of connecting to the video streams of the cameras that came with the nvr, with a third party software like vlc, ispy, or blu iris. All I have been able to get out of them, with the help of Ispy, is their address, which provides me with only direct snapshots of the camera.

Basically to view the video streams of these cameras, from my understanding, the only options are:

1. Their trash Eseecloud software on windows that connects to the NVR and gets the video streams from.
2. The NVR it self, for which I can only get a snapshot stream which i can view on Ispy/bad quality snapshots
3. The nvr web interface, which works only with flash on the web through .

I was wondering if anyone has exeperience with this camera, or an understanding of how i could go my way to access the nvr video streams, or the cameras direct video streams, without the need of their "eseecloud" software.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There's a fairly recent article linked at the end of this post that is very in-depth and L-O-N-G so I'll skip to the news....good or bad I guess depending on how you see it.

Excerpt:

"The only thing I wanted to pull from the Heimvision NVR are the RTSP video streams. But the NVR currently doesn’t support RTSP streams – Heimvision tells me this is coming soon. So my alternative for now is to use the EseeCloud PC software. This software requires a specific port to be open on the NVR to connect to it."

The link ==>> Review: HeimVision Wireless Security Camera System (HM241)

stevenjus

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
to be honest, I am not sure what that means haha. All I know is that according to the article, they had to use the eseecloud software to access the streams. What I want is to be able to access the streams with either blu iris or ispy. oh well, this is what i get for not researching things well.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
See if you can access the NVR GUI by going to a web browser and typing in the IP address of the NVR with : and port number that the NVR operates on - should be able to find that port number in the settings somewhere.

If you are able to access the camera feeds that way, then you can probably bring it in to Blue Iris.

stevenjus

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I just took a look at the nvr and its web port is said to be 80. but according to the article shared by TonyR, "By inspecting the packets between my laptop (VLAN6) and the NVR, I saw that EseeCloud uses port 10000 of the NVR. So I created an additional USG rule to allow outgoing (established) connections from the NVR only on port 10000, to VLAN6. Boom! EseeCloud was up and running securely. " what that means im not sure.

so doing 192.168.1.205:80 did bring me to the web gui of the nvr, which only works/plays streams if I have flash player installed.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In BI, you select add camera and put the IP address of the NVR into the IP address location. Put in username and password and hit find/inspect and let BI do its thing.

Then about halfway down is a pull down for Camera number and pick camera 1 and then hit ok. The camera should show up. Then add camera and the select copy and copy this camera and then change the number 1 to a 2 and repeat for your cameras.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
to be honest, I am not sure what that means haha.
The company told the reviewer in October that the NVR did not currently output a RSTP stream from the cameras for third-party software like VLC or Blue Iris bit perhaps they would in the future.

But certainly it won't hurt to try what @wittaj mentioned. If you don't currently have BI you can download a demo version, good for 15 days, IIRC.

stevenjus

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
1639276206706.png1639276680774.png1639276780525.png

1639276206706.png

Basically this is what im working with. The "view" keyword only changes the web gui appearance, and trying to access it on ispy or blu iris doesnt seem to work, though thats maybe likely because i dont know how to set it up haha. Ive tried playing the streams with flash on a separate computer, and I know it works, i know im able to access those streams though the web gui if I have flash installed.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In BI did it then show a video feed after you hit OK?

Some NVRs the channel may not correspond directly. Try like camera 10, 50, 100, etc. seem to be some common ones it may start on.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, now pull down the main and sub and see what they say. The Main should have auto-populated, so it might take some trial and error to see if it will work.

Not every NVR is able to be seen by BI, but many are.

stevenjus

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hmmmmmmmmmmm

1639279545912.png

What i get with RTMP (Flash)

I am trying this because the web gui functions on flash. idk if im just associating it wrongly.

changing the port to 80 seemed to have found an rtsp port

stevenjus

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
this is what i got as a result
Socket Error 10054. Error code 80002746

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Does appear to have RTSP. Now figuring out how/if you can access it.

stevenjus

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
also

HTTP port 80
Client port 8880

this is from the nvr

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oddball RTSP port, not the standard 554?
If you put Fing on your smartphone, connect to your Wi-Fi on same LAN as the NVR and do a scan; when it finds the NVR at 192.168.1.205, do a scan for ports and see what comes back.

Last edited:

stevenjus

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
192.168.1.205 is the nvr. I used fing app, and it says that this ip/nvr has a http port 80 open, and a snet-sensor-mgmt 10000 port open (secureNet Pro Sensor https management server or apple airport admin)

192.168.1.190 would be one of the cams that came with the nvr, which dont have a web gui, but according to ispy, have a nginx web server on port 80, and on fin, it claims to have a open http port on 80, and the same 10000 open port as mentioned above. I dont see any 554 port oppen on neither the cameras, or the camera.

These cameras can work both trhough ethernet, and wifi. Currently, the camera 192.168.1.190 is connected with ethernet, but i wonder if i connect to the nvr wifi, which the other cameras are connected to via wifi (the nvr has its own wifi access point if thats what is called), i wonder if ill be able to see other ports.

Thanks for the help people, ill be back in a bit, im going to shower haha. seriously, thanks for the help.

stevenjus

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
1639282023561.png

also, trying to access the camera stream dirrectly, camera 192.168.1.190, with port 80 or 10,000 , then I will get a supposed RTSP port detected.