truck theft tvi

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
This guy was on the property for about 1/2 an hour. He initially moved the white truck to steal another one. He then moved a flatbed tow truck to make room for a second new truck to steal but was unsuccessful. This truck had a gps tracker on it and alerted the owner when it started to move. The owner notified the highway patrol and the truck was stopped on the highway 60 miles away. The driver got out and ran and unfortunately the HP lost him. This was the third truck stolen from this lot in the last coupleof months. Needless to say, they are a new customer now. The system that was pre-existings a Avycon TVI Hybrid, 16 channel TVI and an additional 8 IP channels.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
looks like they also need some solid concrete 12" posts going down that sidewalk he hopped over and a few more barricades to force entry/egress through stiffer security... it looks like they have enough equipment around they could use a forklift every evening to put concrete slabs infront of the exit, then secure the forklift well and the rest of the lot should be alot better protected... at the very least you can force them to enter/exit through a choke point loaded with sensors and cameras to give quicker alert, mebe next time the'd catch him in the lot with no place to run... 30min was plenty of time for security systems to be triggered and cops to respond.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They just leave the keys in the trucks?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Lots of people do it...way more than you would think especially with heavy equipment.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
This target is just waking up to the new requirements for security. Nayr's got it right- seriously restrict access to a few choke points and lock them down at night. Movable concrete is effective but makes sure that the last guy out and first guy in HAS to be able to drive the forklift. That's a bit commitment for a company to schedule trained forklift drivers to be first/last every day. Anybody can lock a gate, even the manager and secretaries. Three trucks in a couple of months (1.5 trucks/month) will pay for a lot of forklift training and wages though.

Perimeter fencing would almost be a requirement if they still want to leave keys in at night. PIRs or laser fencing with alarms scheduled for after-hours would probably have had the police there while he was still in the lot even without chain link perimeter fencing. Half an hour is WAY too long to give someone free access to that much wheeled money. Even 30 seconds on the lot would give him a vehicle with keys and a path out of THAT lot if he isn't fussy. I bet he was asked to steal a truck for someone who knew what they wanted.

It's easy to look at video and say how this particular thief could've been caught, but if you restrict them to choke points you're in control of the video and the alarms. After that they just have to balance money out for security vs money lost directly and indirectly to thieves and the ability to get insurance to stay in business.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
Update: We began monitoring several properties for this customer since the last video. This video is from last Friday. This guy managed to break the door lock, cut the dash apart and disable the ignition switch, and destroy a lock that the dealer puts on the air brake switches on the dash. He did all that in about 6-7 minutes with a small cordless grinder using a cutoff wheel. We immediately calld the cops who showed up in about 5 minutes. The set up a perimeter first bfoemking contact. The subject pulls the truck to the exit where there is another truck blocking his way. He then breaks that truck's window and attempts to disable the igntion switch. This is were you can see the cops pull up and grab him. He ran about 20 feet and right into a nice friendly Belgian Malinois.

Again, this video is from the customers existing cameras which happen to be TVI and the dvr is made by Avycon.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Fucking love it when they get caught, excellent work!

Goes to show even the crappiest cameras can get the job done when you put eyes on the video feeds.. I swear the reason I have such good luck w/my cams is because I spend a vast majority of my days/nights near a camera display.. even if people know there are cameras they dont care because they just presume nobody will watch them until the deed is long done.

Just watched a neighborhood kid roll a joint out of the wind behind my car, I could not have had a better shot of him.. and he'd have to be stupid to live so close and not relaize after all these years I have cameras.. I assume he just didnt think anyone was watching, and with no harm done it'd never be watched.. boy was he surprised when I came out to get my mail ;)

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
man who would have thought trucks getting stolen. Id want something little less obvious and faster

OldStyle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So this is managed service where your company remotely watches the security cameras live?