Truck drives over water meter and busts pipe

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Throwback Friday? Remember This?

Well, it happened again!

1676696029988.jpeg

1676696042234.jpeg

This time it was my window installer, and he broke a 1 inch PVC water line to my neighbors irrigation system. They were not even supposed to be here, and I was not home. I had family over for vacation. Very fun to deal with when you have dinner reservations the same night and now your neighbor has no water!

Worse, you can CLEARLY see him looking at the water now coming out where he just drove over, and he didn't bother to let me or the Window company know. Just left and let me deal with it

I will be using a different company for Windows...

I sent the video to the contact I have with the window company, and they have already paid for the emergency plumbing repairs ($580) and will be getting the water bill next. This highlighted that I need some protection for that area to stop people driving there, and that the fact I know a good plumbing company and the cell of a contact there is worth its weight in gold. I was able to call and get someone out within an hour. I can't imagine now having to search for a plumber while water is spewing out (Shutting it off at the meter was hard, as the meter was angled, eventually got it off)

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score