Trouble with new DS-2CD3B86G2T-IZHSY -missing part of menu

llarsx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tested it home and everything seemed OK, but when I installed it at my summer cottage, something dont work.
All setup was done at home and the only change hereafter was SADP to change gateway and ip No.

I have a large memory card - 256 GB and can be seen in storage and worked at home.

But in the general menu with Live View, Playback, Picture, Application and Configuration I only can see and reach Live View and Configuration. In Configuration I also miss Local (whole Local) where ex Record file location should be set. The Configuration menu choice "Local" with everything below it is also missing.

Both missing menu parts is shown in att. picture. (General menu and left menu).

What can be wrong?

I suppose I can restore - reset al parameters og restore everything to default, but then I miss all work I have done home with settings.

Need help!

Attachments

llarsx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am using edge in IE modus with plugin. My other Hikvision camera has no problem. Of course login as admin.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Some of these cams are just buggers and insist on ole Internet Explorer for full functionality - not Edge or Chrome with IE mode, but plain ole IE. Give that a try.

llarsx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Some of these cams are just buggers and insist on ole Internet Explorer for full functionality - not Edge or Chrome with IE mode, but plain ole IE. Give that a try.
It is not possible to revert to IE. Then I am stucked if there is no other solution.

llarsx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi wittaj. The link to solution looks fine, but can you tell me how to reach the place (menu and from) I can change BHO to oldBHO?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is here, except the numbers will be whatever version of Edge you are running:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\110.0.1512.48\

Then change BHO to oldBHO or something else and Explorer will open

llarsx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Superb, wittaj. I got lost in the wiew of where the BGO was shown. Now I have changed it to oldBHO and it looks as I have got IE back on track again.
Thanks a lot.

Because I am in the middle of a thunderstorm I can't test my new camera just now, but hope this will work. I'm coming back with the result.

llarsx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Worked perfect with my new Hikvision camera, but a minor problem occurs; Microsoft change _oldBHO back to BHO (or add) with every new update of windows.

How to stop automatic windows update - and only get a warning? Then I can remember to change back to _oldBHO after I force a windows ujpdate.

There is another solution, but I'm not sure I dare to try it. Has someone else used this solution from Microsoft Community?

If you don't want to use ie in Edge, you can try the following:
Edit the registry to stop IE redirections to Edge. This will remove the redirection feature completely and permanently.
To do this, open Registry Editor by typing regedit in Run dialog box (Win+R).
Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\EnterpriseMode key.
If you don’t see EnterpriseMode key under Main key, right-click on Main key and select New -> Key option. Set its name as EnterpriseMode .
Now right-click on EnterpriseMode key and select New > String Value option. Set its name as RedirectSitesFromInternetExplorerPreventBHOInstall .
Double-click on RedirectSitesFromInternetExplorerPreventBHOInstall string value and set its value data as 1 .

Last edited:

GeoffColl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looking in Edge >> "settings" >> "default browser" >> add cams, by URL, under "Internet Explorer mode pages". Seems to work - though I might be mislead. I'll find out soon when one of my mis-functioning camera triggers again - I had it not to record out!!!!

llarsx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looking in Edge >> "settings" >> "default browser" >> add cams, by URL, under "Internet Explorer mode pages". Seems to work - though I might be mislead. I'll find out soon when one of my mis-functioning camera triggers again - I had it not to record out!!!!
I have tried that solution. It works for my old cameras, but not for the new one. Renaming HBO or stop in from registry seems to be the only good solution.

GeoffColl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have tried that solution. It works for my old cameras, but not for the new one. Renaming HBO or stop in from registry seems to be the only good solution.
Indeed - it didn't work for the change I tried to make this morning. The cam continues to react but not trigger through to BI.

GeoffColl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Worked perfect with my new Hikvision camera, but a minor problem occurs; Microsoft change _oldBHO back to BHO (or add) with every new update of windows.

How to stop automatic windows update - and only get a warning? Then I can remember to change back to _oldBHO after I force a windows ujpdate.

There is another solution, but I'm not sure I dare to try it. Has someone else used this solution from Microsoft Community?

Edit the registry to stop IE redirections to Edge. This will remove the redirection feature completely and permanently.
Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\EnterpriseMode key.
If you don’t see EnterpriseMode key under Main key, right-click on Main key and select New -> Key option. Set its name as EnterpriseMode .
Now right-click on EnterpriseMode key and select New > String Value option. Set its name as RedirectSitesFromInternetExplorerPreventBHOInstall .
Double-click on RedirectSitesFromInternetExplorerPreventBHOInstall string value and set its value data as 1 .
Just looked at the registry on my Win10 - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft exists this far, but no entry for
Internet Explorer...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have used a PC running Win 7 to make and check my settings.... Easy way out!
Yep! When I made the jump to IP cameras, I was glad I had kept an old Win7 laptop that is so old it doesn't even have wifi LOL.

So I reset it and nothing is on it and doesn't connect to internet and makes a perfect isolated machine to set up these cameras LOL.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Create the shortcut method on your desktop with this line works, too.
IE open.jpg

And I just tried llarsx's regedit method also work. The changing or delete BHO folder method is not very convenient because Edge will automatically fix the folder next time you turn off IE or restart your computer. You have to delete or change name again of the BHO folder each time. The other 2 methods you only have to do it once.

GeoffColl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yep! When I made the jump to IP cameras, I was glad I had kept an old Win7 laptop that is so old it doesn't even have wifi LOL.

So I reset it and nothing is on it and doesn't connect to internet and makes a perfect isolated machine to set up these cameras LOL.
I have an old machine connected to a seismometer, no reason to upgrade to anything else.
Mind it didn't 'cure' my issue with one of the cams......