Trouble With Microphone on Hikvision Dome Camera

Reaction score
I bought one of these high-sensitive mini microphones off eBay and today I was trying to hook it up to my Hikvision DS-2CD2732F-I IP camera. This dome camera has an extra two green plugs from the base of the camera. One for an ALARM trigger and the other is AUDIO. On the connector labeled "AUDIO", I hooked up the three colored wires from the mini microphone in the following order from left to right (WHITE, BLACK, RED, NONE), as shown in the second picture. Then I went into the Hikvision IP camera's web interface, enabled AUDIO and in the Live Preview tab, I enabled audio streaming and I cannot hear a thing. I even played some music off my iPad couldn't hear any audio. Then I thought to myself, perhaps the WHITE and RED wires needed to be swapped, so I swapped them and still couldn't hear any audio.

If there's anyone on here who has successfully done this, I'd appreciate any help you can give me or if I bought the wrong microphone or maybe if there's a better one out there, please point me where I could buy one. I rather have a microphone that works without an external power source.

Attachments

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Reaction score
I'm a complete idiot when it comes to speakers & microphones. Most of the ones I'm seeing from the other thread are microphones with a 3.5mm jack. On these, there's 3 connectors (center/tip, middle and outer/sleeve). I assume people are cutting off the 3.5mm jack off these microphones, combining the center & middle connectors together into the IN connector to the camera and the outer/sleeve connector to the G connector to the camera, as shown in the picture below?

Attachments

S474N

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, but you must use non powered mic. I'm also looking for small mic, if you find, please, send me link. Thanks!

Reaction score
Hey guys, I hate to bump up an old thread, but I'm still having issues with the microphone. Here's my dilemma. I have two dome cameras that has audio capability. One of them has firmware version 5.2.5 and the other, which is currently mounted on the ceiling is version 5.2.0. Apparently, when I tested the mic on the camera that has FW version 5.2.5, it works, but when I put the mic on the camera that has FW version 5.2.0, it doesn't. I'm thinking it's a firmware issue. I tried using the camera's web interface to update a FW version I found on this forum to 5.2.5; however the web interface isn't allowing me to update the firmware from 5.2.0 to 5.2.5. I tried looking at TFTP and downloaded the software by Jounin, but I don't understand how to use it. In the TFTP Client tab, I put in the camera's IP address and specified the filename of the FW, but nothing is happening when I click on the PUT button. I believe there's also the Hikvision TFTP Auto Update tool, but unmounting the camera to plug it directly into my PC isn't an option and not only that, but I don't have an external power adapter to power on the camera.

Does anyone have an alternate FW file version 5.2.5 that works or has instructions that allows me to extract the 5.2.5 FW from the other dome camera I have?

Reaction score
Here's a quick update. After flashing the firmware on my IP camera from 5.2.0 to 5.2.5 using TFTP, the microphone is now working as normal, but the only thing that sucks is that everything is in Chinese (whereas before, it was all in English). Despite everything being in Chinese, I suppose it was well worth it, by allowing me to record sound.