Trouble Setting Up IVS Rule to Send Email, only on one cam

Kevin Doe

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have 8 cameras, all with IVS rules setup, and I have them working perfectly. I have them setup to send me an email with a still image when triggered. For all of my cameras, for some reason, the "send email" box in the camera's settings directly does not take. It only works if I select "send email" from within the NVR's IE interface, through the tab shown below. That works for 7 of my cameras. But this one, which is the only one of this type (5241E-Z12E), I cannot get it to send the emails. When checking in the camera's interface, it does not take (meaning it lets me check the box and save, but it doesn't send email). I expected this, because the other cams do the same thing. So I go into the NVRs IVS settings for this camera to check the "send email" box like I did the other cameras, but when I click save/sumit/apply, I get the error of "Reached max capability of AI Analysis" shown in the image below. Not sure why only this camera does this. Any ideas?

1672524644675.png

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Thats an AI/IVS warning that you are exceeding the capacity of IVS/AI on the NVR

What is the model of your NVR?

And are ALL 7 of the other cams running IVS?

Last edited:

Kevin Doe

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The NVR is NVR5216-16P-4KS2E. I'm running IVS rules on 6 of the cameras, either a simple tripwire or intrusion zone. The one I'm having issues with was the 7th camera I added to the system. I just added an 8th camera and was able to setup an IVS rule for that one. If it were at the IVS capacity, I would have thought the 8th cam I added wouldn't be able to run any IVS rules. Maybe I should simplify the IVS rules on each camera and see if that helps.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It also looks like you are setting up the IVS in the NVR, whereas the IVS rules should be done within the camera GUI.

Because you are doing it within the NVR under AI, it is going against the capacity of the NVR.

Kevin Doe

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It also looks like you are setting up the IVS in the NVR, whereas the IVS rules should be done within the camera GUI.

Because you are doing it within the NVR under AI, it is going against the capacity of the NVR.
Sorry my original post wasn't clear. I set up the rules in the camera. But for some reason the "send email" feature doesn't work unless I check that box in the NVR. So I do the setup and save to the camera, then go into the NVR and check "send email" and then the send email feature works. But for just this camera, I am unable to save the "send email" and get that error.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
If your cameras are connected to the PoE ports on the NVR, they won’t send email anyway as they are on a 10.1.1.x network that can’t route out through your home network router. The NVR sends the email so ticking that on the NVR isn’t the problem.

The problem is that your IVS rule won’t save.

Two things.
1-. Make sure you don’t have MD/SMD set for that camera and that you do have Smart Plan enabled for it
2- try deleting the IVS rule for that camera, turn on plain old MD (Not SMD) and see if you can save with email turned on.