Tripwire Rule and Getting Notifications

keramics

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All, I'm trying to set up some IVS features but am a bit confused on how this will work between the Camera interface and the NVR interface. First off, I just installed 2x Dahua 5442's and have the NVR5208-4KS2 (NOT PoE, my babies are going through a PoE switch in a closet).

My tripwire rules are attached. I guess I should ask and make sure nothing dumb has been set. Knowing me, it's a real possibility.

If not, I have a couple questions:

1. How would I get a notification that someone has crossed my tripwire? Is email the only way (I'll begrudgingly activate it if yes)? Is there no functionality to push a notification to the gDMSS app on my phone?

2. My "Storage" settings are attached, wherein General, Motion Detect (MD), and Intelligent are all set to record constantly. I've been able to see the MD events populate in the playback on my NVR, but I'm unsure what the difference is between MD/Motion and Intelligent. Are the rules set in IVS going to record under Intelligent instead of MD?

3. Is there a way I can set to record an event for if only people (not cars) walk into the frame? I saw there is a "Smart Motion Detection" category under "Event" settings, but I thought this only put the fun blue box around people or cars in the frame and didn't actually trigger anything.

Thanks for your help!!

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Briefly

1- in theory yes gdmss can receive alerts /messages. In practice it’s not very reliable and you may have to use P2P to get it to work. I use email and it works well.

2- correct. MD record is only for regular old MD events and the newer Smart MD. Neither is as good as IVS rules especially as far as false alarms. Most here use IVS and only sparingly MD if at all.

3- Yes, using the human filter on your IVS rules. You already have it selected. Just uncheck Motor Vehicle.
SMD is simply an overlay of sorts on top of regular MD to theoretically add AI functions to it like IVS already has. In practice IVS will still give you fewer false alarms.

keramics

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks again @bigredfish !

I've enabled the email notification. Hopefully the IVS recording works! I'll keep "Motion" recording for now until I can confirm the blue "Intelligent" highlight is what records the IVS stuff just in case.

keramics

n3wb
Reaction score
Anddd now I'm realizing that it doesn't have my email address, and that I need to set another email up for it to send from. Why did I think it would be so easy lol. Thank goodness for Youtube.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You can send to yourself from yourself no problem using same email.

Many setup a separate email just to be able to better filter. Downside of email is it will send 2 for each event. One with the snapshot and one saying the event has cleared. Some smarter than me set mail filters to dump the second email to trash.