Trigger concepts

robnpat

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi! I've been trying to figure this out, doing searches and reading the online manual but still can't get this 'simple' concept to work. Running latest BI5 version. Trying to trigger 2 cameras in this scenario (I have 8 cameras on my system):
  • Camera A and Camera B are in my carport, pointing different, but some overlapping, directions
  • I don't have any of my 8 cameras in groups. I tried to create a 'carport' group with just Camera A and Camera B. Didn't work (I must be missing something??)
  • If Camera A detects motion and records, then I want Camera B to start recording
  • If Camera B detects motion and records, then I want Camera A to start recording
Is this possible, or does it cause an infinite 'loop'? Does this make sense?

Oh, and I read some posts on how to successfully use substreams to lower CPU utilization. WOW! I can't believe the difference.

Thanks,
Rob

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Yes this is possible... and is covered well in the help pdf... see screenshots.
1. Make sure you click the ‘New’ button when entering the group name for the 1st camera. Then add the group name to the 2nd camera.
2. Check ‘Trigger camera groups’ in both camera’s Trigger page.

Finally, consider continuously recording. You will at some point miss an important event.

1616255326221.jpeg 1616255349073.jpeg

Last edited: