Trigger BI alarm using HikV turret and bullet cams

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was recently able to set up some Hik cube cams to set off BI alerts using the cameras' PIR sensors (thanks to a link from fenderman). This included setting up an Alarm Output in the HikV CP under Advanced Config > Basic Event > Alarm Output (tab), then selecting that as the "Linkage Method > Other Linkage > Trigger Alarm Output" at the bottom of the particular alarm's settings page.

The problem I have with the turret and bullet cams is that there is no "Alarm Output" option anywhere I can find, so despite the fact that there is the option to select "Linkage Method > Other Linkage > Trigger Alarm Output" at the bottom of the particular alarms' settings pages (Video Tampering and Intrusion Detection in my case), there is nowhere to set these outputs up, and therefore I can't get the trigger through to BI.

There are a couple of different firmware versions I'm working with, but one is the same as the cube cams (5.2.5) but still doesn't have the tabs for Alarm Input and Alarm Output under Basic Event.

Is there a way to get these triggers through to BI? (I take it from previous threads that this wasn't possible, and am hoping that BI can now be configured to do this.)

Thanks!

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Alternatively, in BI, is there a function to detect if a camera has been disabled by covering/spraying it? Spmething separate from existing motion detection rules/settings.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@atom, unfortunately it cannot be done. You will not find the option for the outputs in the camera because its only available on cameras with an actual alarm out, despite that its never physically used.
You should email the developer and ask for that function. The more folks who ask for it, the greater chance that it will be implemented. The developer did indicate that he is working on line cross detection and other motion filters.
Another option, if you want to use actual PIR or magnetic sensors is a something like this.
http://www.sealevel.com/store/120e-ethernet-to-4-optically-isolated-inputs-4-form-c-relay-outputs-digital-interface-adapter.html

Last edited by a moderator:

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK, thanks fenderman.

I'll email Ken as you suggest, and have a look at the Sealevel gear.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Alternatively, in BI, is there a function to detect if a camera has been disabled by covering/spraying it? Spmething separate from existing motion detection rules/settings.
On Dahua cameras, I believe the tab called "Tampering" would be what you describe, not sure about BI though.

devastator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For my front door, the line crossing is working way better than the motion detection of BI. That is the sole reason I changed it with one with alarm output. Too bad Hikvision does not have the same mechanism (the url to see if the output is active) for non IS cams (as the connection is not physically used in my case)