Trendnet camera

hswaters

n3wb
Reaction score
I have two trendnet IP cameras and I can view them fine in BlueIris. I have never been able to get them setup in the trendnetviewpro software. I always get an error. Anyone have this software running with these cameras?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you download the latest version from Trendnet's web site, or did you use an older version from a CD? (whichever you did, try the other and see if it helps)

But I'm pretty sure you will find that Blue Iris is better.

hswaters

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you download the latest version from Trendnet's web site, or did you use an older version from a CD? (whichever you did, try the other and see if it helps)

But I'm pretty sure you will find that Blue Iris is better.
You could be right about BlueIris but I am determined to get trendnetviewpro to work at least one time so I can see how much cpu it uses. When I run the cameras in BlueIris I have 70% to 100% cpu utilization. This causes the pc to crash when the virus scanner starts up or their are several alerts to record and upload. I have three cameras two trendnet and one wanscam. I have removed the wanscam from BlueIris but very little improvement in cpu utilization. I will try to get a newer version of the trendnet software. Thanks for the reply.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like you have Blue Iris on a pretty old PC. If you lower the frame rate of the cameras, Blue Iris CPU usage will improve a lot.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You cpu is under powered but there are several things you could do.
1) Lower frame rates
2)Record direct to disc under the record tab
3) Lower the live view frames per second, this is in the general options under the camera tab. This will allow you to record at say 12fps but live view at 5.

hswaters

n3wb
Reaction score
You cpu is under powered but there are several things you could do.
1) Lower frame rates
2)Record direct to disc under the record tab
3) Lower the live view frames per second, this is in the general options under the camera tab. This will allow you to record at say 12fps but live view at 5.
Not much I can do about the underpowered CPU. I may try to lower the video quality as you suggest. The previous suggestion has caused some improvement. I downloaded the most recent version of the trendnet software and can now see one of the two cameras. Every little bit helps. Thanks for the reply.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just to clarify, the video quality is not changed with any of these suggestions. The first just merely lowers the frame rate while the second two have zero impact on the actual recording quality other than lowering the cpu. (direct to disk will require that you use the cameras time a date stamp not blue iris overlays.)

hswaters

n3wb
Reaction score
Just to clarify, the video quality is not changed with any of these suggestions. The first just merely lowers the frame rate while the second two have zero impact on the actual recording quality other than lowering the cpu. (direct to disk will require that you use the cameras time a date stamp not blue iris overlays.)
Do I still see the camera video on screen if I use direct to disk?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes you will.
If your are using direct to disc remember to check you i-frames...This is from the help file
"Direct-To-Disc
Advanced users may wish to experiment with the Direct-To-Disc feature. Instead of recompressing the video for recording, an attempt is made to save the exact stream as received from the camera. This may not be used with the Windows Media container format, and only H.264 streams are appropriate for the MP4 file format at this time.
Where this technology will be invaluable is for the recording of HD and larger frame video, as recompressing these formats is highly CPU-intensive. The down-side to using direct-to-disc is that you will not be able to add graphic and time overlays such as the time-stamp. You will need to rely upon the camera to add these itself. Also, recording must begin at the arrival of a key-frame (complete image). If your camera sends these only infrequently, you may miss the beginning of some motion-activated recordings unless you also use the pre-trigger video buffer."​

hswaters

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes you will.
If your are using direct to disc remember to check you i-frames...This is from the help file
"Direct-To-Disc
Advanced users may wish to experiment with the Direct-To-Disc feature. Instead of recompressing the video for recording, an attempt is made to save the exact stream as received from the camera. This may not be used with the Windows Media container format, and only H.264 streams are appropriate for the MP4 file format at this time.
Where this technology will be invaluable is for the recording of HD and larger frame video, as recompressing these formats is highly CPU-intensive. The down-side to using direct-to-disc is that you will not be able to add graphic and time overlays such as the time-stamp. You will need to rely upon the camera to add these itself. Also, recording must begin at the arrival of a key-frame (complete image). If your camera sends these only infrequently, you may miss the beginning of some motion-activated recordings unless you also use the pre-trigger video buffer."​

These are both 3 mp cameras so the video stream is likely a lot of data at most any frame rate. I have set both to 10 fps and record direct to disk. Very little if any change in the cpu utilization. I am having all of the snapshots and recordings dropped directly into my dropbox folder. Cpu usage is spread between blueiris (78%) and dropbox 10-25%. I know that does not add up. Thanks for the reply.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You are most likely using the trendnet cameras that are rebranded hikvisions. You may be able to use hikvisions ivms software with it. It is supposed to be pretty light as it uses the cameras on board motion detection.
What error are you getting in the trendnet software? What CPU are you using in this system?

hswaters

n3wb
Reaction score
You are most likely using the trendnet cameras that are rebranded hikvisions. You may be able to use hikvisions ivms software with it. It is supposed to be pretty light as it uses the cameras on board motion detection.
What error are you getting in the trendnet software? What CPU are you using in this system?
I have heard that they are rebranded hikvision. I have no way to know the answer to that. I have spent the day working on BlueIris on one pc and the trendnetviewpro on another. I have at long last managed to reset the password on the one camera that was causing me a problem and have both cameras working in the trendnetviewpro software. The pc running the BlueIris has a intel dual core cpu I think it is an E5300 or some where in that area. It was enough to carry two Logitech cameras before they died from a power surge but then they are low res compared to the Logitech cameras. I upgraded the firmware on the one camera a few days ago and now that I can log on to the other camera I will upgrade the firmware on it also. Thanks for your reply.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well if its working with trendnetviewpro and you are happy with it just use it. You may also want to try using ivms to see if it works you may or may not like it more. trendnetviewpro and ivms use camera based motion detection so there is way less load on the cpu.

jjones

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,
I have some Trendnet TV-320PI cameras. I recently tested the new firmware on one of them with bad results. Is anyone else experiencing this with firmware 5.3.4?