cargo1965

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Guys

i have a problem with tplink tapo C500 ip dome
Blue iris works properly under onvif but the problem is with presets
I have set 4 preset on Tapo app
With tapo app presets work properly but not with BI
I have set ONVIF OXML under PTZ options and port 2020: ptz works properly manually but not automatically even if i have set 4 presets
What is strange is that if you look at ptz every xx seconds BI moves from each preset to following one 1..2...3...4 but camera doesn't move.
Unfortunately there is no way to set Tplink Tapo c500 among available cameras in the list
The same is for ptz.
For both i could only set ONVIF
Someone can help me ?
thanks in advance
Carlo

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Install ODM, run it, log into cam and when you get the "Live video" at middle screen, look for "PTZ" below that and see if those controls work for you.

cargo1965

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Tony !
Thanks for your reply
I have already tried Onvif device manager but the problem is that ODM finds camera but doesn't open any option (I send you screnshot in order to understand)
I also enclose screenshot of ptz window in BI
Wiith this set-up ptz works properly (manually) but if I try to patrol among 4 preset previously set in the app TAPO, camera doesn't move
Wait for your help
Thanks in advance !
Carlo

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
See the Name and Password fields at the top of Onvif Device Manager. Use those to enter the credentials you assigned to the camera in the Tapo app.

cargo1965

n3wb
Reaction score
See the Name and Password fields at the top of Onvif Device Manager. Use those to enter the credentials you assigned to the camera in the Tapo app.
thanks a lot !
You have found the solution
i have set ptz presets in odm and
Now it works in BI auto-cycle.
Only doubt i have: i have set odm with a pc locally that i can't keep switched on and pc where BI is installed is far away from location where ipcam is located
My question is: once pc locally with odm is switched off, will BI keep resets recorded and keep on work in auto-cycle without problems ?
thanks in advance for reply
Carlo