Tp-link Kasa KC300 kit. Using them for game cams.

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have been playing around with the Kasa kc300 kit in my yard. Here are some videos.

Kasa Home Security Camera System Wireless Outdoor & Indoor Camera by TP-Link, 1080P HD with Siren, Night Vision, Battery Rechargeable, Magnetic Wall Mount, Works w/Alexa & Google Home (KC300S2)

These videos are from vimeo, if there is issues. I will try some other setup.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am working on a video of Walter that I will add here soon....
The videos of Walter are from the $30 indoor kasa spot cam. I need to figure out how to transfer the videos from the cam.

Last edited:

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Better than the reo's could do :lmao:
They are wireless and last for awhile before charging. And I can move them anywhere at anytime. I have not seen anything that can come close to this type of setup.
There are so many useful ideas here, examples; bird nest cam, animals, what's hiding in the shed, etc..

I use dahua and amcrest with BI on my home for security purposes.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Looking at it, they seem cloud only which is a shame. Even with a year of free cloud service that year will come to an end which, to me, renders them useless.

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looking at it, they seem cloud only which is a shame. Even with a year of free cloud service that year will come to an end which, to me, renders them useless.
I have not been using the cloud (storage) service on the KC300 cams. All my videos are saved on the sd-cards and are viewable via the app.
Also the file transfers are done through the app. You can remove the sd-card to view, but that is pointless.

Now the indoor spot cam is cloud service or removing the sd-card.