Tools

Paulx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just bought a couple of the Dahua starlight cameras. I tried to use their tools that come on one of those mini CD Disk. I had no luck finding either of my cameras. Yes I did change the IP search range in settings from the default 172.xxx.xxx.xxx. My cameras are xxx.xxx.xxx.211 and 212. I set up the range .210 to .230. If not for an old laptop that has not been updated for the past few years. I would not be able to access the cameras web page and the camera settings.

Is there a way to use updated browsers and windows 10 to access the camera settings?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just bought a couple of the Dahua starlight cameras. I tried to use their tools that come on one of those mini CD Disk. I had no luck finding either of my cameras. Yes I did change the IP search range in settings from the default 172.xxx.xxx.xxx. My cameras are xxx.xxx.xxx.211 and 212. I set up the range .210 to .230. If not for an old laptop that has not been updated for the past few years. I would not be able to access the cameras web page and the camera settings.

Is there a way to use updated browsers and windows 10 to access the camera settings?
you can download the dahua config tool...it will find cameras even on different subnets.

Paulx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, looks like version 4.0.0 is what came on the mini CD with the camera. I did find that 4.0.5 is now available. Will load it up and test it a little later. this sounds like a small upgrade, hope it will find the two cameras I have.
Thanks for the suggestion fenderman.