Tips to reduce "nuisance" alarms (and false email alerts)

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
All,

Consider "intrusion detection" tools:
- Using the camera's "Motion Detect" feature for an outdoor setting is folly. Too many "nuisance" false alarms.
- Using a laser line trip wire is superior. Less false alarms, but still susceptible to falling branches & leaves.
- A Bosch or Optex "dual technology" Motion Sensor is superior. PIR + microwave, both must trip. Less susceptible to false alerts.
- IVS (Intelligent Video Surveillance) with tripwire and face detect.

I'm crafting a job site security system. If someone enter the home remodeling site, an SMS (with snapshot) will go to the Gen'l Contractor (GC) and coworkers. They can surf in remotely, check what's going on, engage in two way audio, and call 911 w/ details & license plate #.

False alarms must be avoided. A "Nuisance Alarm" is not what the GC will label it at 3am!

Q: Can I use the Dahua NVR and/or camera to require TWO inputs to trigger an SMS and snapshot? (to reduce false alarms)

Consider: It's possible to record only when "Motion" and "Alarm" events occur. But this is under the "Storage" menu. Unrelated to SMS and email alerts.

snap.jpg

Okay, so I can be selective on when I record. I wanna be that selective for SMS alerts! Recording Flexibility:
Sun: MD AND Alarm
Mon: MD
Tues: Alarm
Wed: MD OR Alarm

But the SMS alerts can't be configured with this AND & OR flexibility. That I've found.

Q: Is there a way to require both a "Motion" event AND an "Alarm" event to to occur before an SMS is sent to wake me & the GC up?

Or will I need an arduino, home automation or traditional programmable home alarm keypanel be needed to achieve this?

Any guidance appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator: