TIOC target filter settings

Billyjack5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm using a IPC-HDW3449H-AS-PV-3.6mm TIOC cam I purchased from Andy recently (V2.820.15OG000.0.R, Build Date: 2021-04-03). I have an intrusion box that triggers the camera occasionally when a cat--obviously not human--appears in the box, despite the "human" target filter being checked. My IVS settings are in the screenshot and here is a clip of the trigger. I've not messed with the "Target filter" settings in IVS before but was wondering if anyone had suggestions for "Min Size" settings that filter out the cats that traverse this route every night. Any info appreciated.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Since 0,0 isn't working, then make the min size larger than a cat based on your field of view, or have someone stand there and make the min size half of a person as that should then knock out the cat unless the cat is half the size of a human LOL.

Billyjack5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Since 0,0 isn't working, then make the min size larger than a cat based on your field of view, or have someone stand there and make the min size half of a person as that should then knock out the cat unless the cat is half the size of a human LOL.
Thanks, wittaj. I guess I don't have a frame of reference for the minimum pixel settings to knock out the cat. Any recommendations on numbers to include in those fields?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is so dependent on your field of view and depth of image. It could be 20x20 or 40x40 or some other number.

That is why I said to have someone stand out there and then draw a box half their size.

Or watch the video of the cat and then go back to IVS and draw a block about the size the cat was.

It is easier to select "Draw Target" (the top one) and draw a target box the minimum size than to start guessing numbers to put in.

Billyjack5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is so dependent on your field of view and depth of image. It could be 20x20 or 40x40 or some other number.

That is why I said to have someone stand out there and then draw a box half their size.

Or watch the video of the cat and then go back to IVS and draw a block about the size the cat was.

It is easier to select "Draw Target" (the top one) and draw a target box the minimum size than to start guessing numbers to put in.
Okay, so--at the risk of sounding like a numbnuts--what does the target box do?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In this instance, the target box specifies the minimum size of an object before it will trigger. So anything smaller than that will not trigger.

The target box is simply a representation of size. It will probably pop up in the middle of the screen, but the minimum size applies to the whole field of view, so don't worry if the box isn't in the intrusion box.

Billyjack5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In this instance, the target box specifies the minimum size of an object before it will trigger. So anything smaller than that will not trigger.

The target box is simply a representation of size. It will probably pop up in the middle of the screen, but the minimum size applies to the whole field of view, so don't worry if the box isn't in the intrusion box.
Thanks, as always, wittaj. Giving it a try.