Timestamp error in emailed "Events"

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Problem:
There is a timestamp problem. Usually by 1 hours, sometimes by 15 hours.
Below, check the 2nd line. My inbox email timestamp erroneously shows the Alarm Event stopped at 2:14am
The preview of the email’s text correctly shows the Alarm Event stopped at 1:13:59
A 1 hour discrepancy

upload_2017-4-12_13-54-35.png

Check the 3rd line. The inbox correctly shows the Alarm Event start at 1:14am.
And the preview of the email’s text correctly shows the Alarm Event at 1:13:55
No discrepency

The Event was about 14 seconds long. But the inbox email timestamps show the Event was 1 hour long! WTF?

If I open the email from the 2nd line above, the 1 hour discrepancy is apparent.
upload_2017-4-12_13-55-34.png

The log file in the camera offers some clues, maybe!
- The NVR logged into the cam at 1:13:55
- The NVR apparently performed a “Set Time” command. (right side of pic, and bottom left of pic)
- The NVR logged out at 1:14:03
upload_2017-4-12_13-56-45.png

I don’t believe the time was changed, however. When I view playback, the timestamp in the recorded image remains correct. It doesn’t jump, and continues recording as if there was no time change at all.

The time stamp in the snapshot was also correct.

+++++
At 9:24am, a car left the driveway, and multiple IVS “events” occurred. Fine. That’s as intended.
But it seems each event causes a “Login”, “Set Time”, and “Logout”. Strange?

upload_2017-4-12_13-57-29.png

The cam log file is chock full of these items.

I’ve checked the time settings in all cams and the NVR, including DST settings. I use the same NTP server all around (pool.ntp.org)

Any ideas?
Thx in advance!

Fastb

Attachments

Mufasa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I believe there is a place in the NVS setting that allows you to disable ipc time sync (System -> General)

See if that would help with the time sync log spam?

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't have email set up (only using push notifications to phone) but I am also having trouble with times not staying accurate. I've got an NTP server on my network that the cameras and NVR are set to pull once a minute from.

My cameras would be off by 1-15 or so hours as you stated until I made the change Mufasa mentioned. Now they are only off by 3-10 seconds :/
Closer but for some reason still not updating their time every minute obviously.

One thing to note, did you block your cameras from accessing the Internet? If so, which you should have, then they won't be able to update from pool.ntp.org because they can't reach it....