Timeline playback for a single camera

SecuritySeeker

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
While using he Timeline in Replay mode I can click anywhere on the timeline and all camera's wil jump to that time. I can also scrub back and forth without any limitation, crossing clip boundaries is completely transparent.

However, when I double-click a camera while in Timeline Replay mode (to 'maximize' or 'solo' it), I'm suddenly limited to the one 15 minute clip that the green indicator intersected with. Now when I click outside of that 15 minute period on the timeline, the green indicator simply just back to the start or end of the beginning of that 15 minute clip, depending on whether I clicked to the left or right of that region respectively.

Is this intentional behavior, a bug, or am I missing something entirely? I do not find this helpful in any way, I would very much like to be able to jump to any point in time even when a camera is maximized in Timeline Replay mode.

I have all camera's recording continuously and combine and cut is set to 15 minutes and I would prefer to leave it like that. And even if you increase the combine and cut setting it still does not fundamentally fix the problem, it just makes it slightly less inconvenient.

Added: It does work if I select a different (sub)camera group but I don't want to create a separate camera group for each individual camera just so I can maximize that camera while in Timeline Replay mode.

Last edited:

SecuritySeeker

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Wow. Did not expect to get no reply whatsoever. Am I the only one who experiences this or finds it inconvenient? I'm on version 5.3.9.9 btw, see I forgot to mention that.

Guess I'll have to write to Perspective to see what they have to say.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I have run into that. Sometimes the video i want is not inside the motion trigger, but rather in the continous record portion of the time line. I'm not an experienced user of BI (yet). I didn't know you could, "Timeline in Replay mode I can click anywhere on the timeline and all camera's wil jump to that time"....I havent figured out how to do that.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It happens, but most of us are not clipping to 15 minutes so it probably isn't experienced much by folks here.

I think it is a limitation of the program. Each BVR file is it's own file. So when you are playing back, it is only playing back in it's own BVR.

Make your combine and cut larger and it probably won't be an issue except in a few instances.

SecuritySeeker

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think it is a limitation of the program. Each BVR file is it's own file. So when you are playing back, it is only playing back in it's own BVR.
I understand all that, but it can do it just fine if you're playing back multiple camera's. There is no good technical reason to suddenly limit playback to a single BVR when a single camera is being replayed and there's also no good reason for this in terms of user interface design (and I'm saying that as a software engineer).