Time changing On Cameras

walkjp1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For over a week now the time on my Dahua cameras keeps reverting to Beijing. Anyone else having this issue?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It happens every time the Chinese government accesses your cameras....

I'm just kidding! :winktongue:

I don't have an explanation. Just my normal sarcastic humor...
You joke, but IF the camera is port forwarded or touching the internet, it could be hacked and this is the mischievous lil brat screwing with you LOL

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you using an NVR?
Its easy to not hit Save/Apply at the bottom of the time/date page on the NVR and it will appear to stick, until the next time you reboot or have a power outage.

Coming so close behind the time change, Im guessing your time on the NVR isnt saving. (could be browser sensitive. Try pale Moon or IE)

Also there have been various reports of weird stuff happening if you use a 12 hour clock. I have 7-8 NVRs I manage or help, and all use the 24 hour clock (military time) with no issues

walkjp1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you using an NVR?
Its easy to not hit Save/Apply at the bottom of the time/date page on the NVR and it will appear to stick, until the next time you reboot or have a power outage.

Coming so close behind the time change, Im guessing your time on the NVR isnt saving. (could be browser sensitive. Try pale Moon or IE)

Also there have been various reports of weird stuff happening if you use a 12 hour clock. I have 7-8 NVRs I manage or help, and all use the 24 hour clock (military time) with no issues