Thrilled with my custom Dahua Setup!

Reaction score

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Well, I started with two, originally, to watch the lower section of our front yard. Now there are a total of five watching the front yard with two more to go, one for door ID and one for package watch. Total, at the moment is 15 but I am anticipating , eventually, to be more like 25-30. In all fairness, we have an acre plus of ground with the house, cars and a large shed full of "goodies" to keep an eye on. I may also add LPR someday, just for the heck of it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just a quick update: So far, EVERYTHING is functioning exactly as it should! I have had no problems or equipment failure. And my wife is very happy with the setup now. That is a major, win win right there! :) I do see me changing out the two front side cameras for 5442's in the future, but for now, that's a nope. I have seen prices drop on them, so that is good.

As this was just one part of the pie of security, I have now completely (minus the hard wiring) redone my home security system. Out with the old and in with the Honeywell 20P/Envisalink 4, new smoke / fire detectors, new motion detectors, etc. (motion and smoke detectors are being added as funds allow). Only had to run one network cable to the security box. AND I am self monitoring, so no damn monthly fee! WooHooo! Of course, I couldn't have done it without the help of SMITICANS! OMG what a great person and he has just been wonderful walking me thru my conversion. The guy is a flesh and blood encyclopedia of security systems knowledge! I owe him my next born child! Seriously, what a huge help he has been and still is.

The entire security pie isn't done yet, but it's about 80% complete. And I couldn't have done it without the wonderful folks on this forum. Thank you all, and I do hope i can return the favor some day! Semper Fi! and always be safe!

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a total of 20 cameras with 4 of them dedicated to LPR service. At this point all I am doing is upgrading my cameras. Of the 16 "house" cameras 14 of them are run in color. Next month it will be 15 cameras in color and hopefully soon after that all 16 will be in color. For me nothing less than a camera with a 1/1.2" sensor for upgrades.

Reaction score
I am not trying to resurrect a zombie thread, but just an update on my system. So far, I have only had to replace 1 IR lamp and THAT IS IT. Notta (knocking on wood), nothing else. Everything has continued to work just as it was designed to do...no hiccups what so ever. EVEN in this Texas hell heat in the summers, not even a glitch. Good install, GREAT ADVICE, good equipment, good companies (Dahua, Netgear, TPLink), idk, but it just works. And I am happy with it!

Just a simple update.