Thoughts on minis forum AMD pc's?

S0619212

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have BI running monitoring 3 cameras, at the most I might go to 6 cameras. I was looking to replace my Dell optiplex with smaller form factor pc. I couldn't find a good small ff Intel based for BI, came across minis forum AMD based PC, looks to be good. Can someone please comment if they have used this for BI and how was was performance.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
BI will work fine with AMD processors. Of course your performance ultimately depends on the full specs of the computer (CPU chip, RAM, harddrive speed, etc) vs the demands you are placing on the machine (# of cameras, AI usage, etc).

Any reason you feel the need to replace your Optiplex? That's actually a machine that many of us use to run BI. Of course that is a pretty broad statement I just made since there is obviously a huge range in models, processors, installed RAM, etc across the Optiplex world.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Should be fine, however due to the small size the cooling performance may not be as good as a larger system so it may run the fans louder and not achieve as high of clockspeeds on the processor as you expect.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
And typically they have limited internal storage options.