This Mom Has No Fear

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
We used that along with others in our Defensive Handgun 1 class. If I recall she’s LE and it was Brazil.. of course

Some would nitpick that she took the shots at a risky angle (kid and mom behind perp) and that she started with a two hand grip but went SHO at the last second.

Could well be the angle wasn’t as close as it appears and she did practically put the barrel in his chest for shots #1&2

Great job!

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
thats the only thing I thought was kind of dangerous as well was that the mother and kid were right in the path of the gunfire had she missed...but I agree looks like an off duty cop

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I just rewatched the video, doing a few stops long the way during the time she fired. From what I see the mother and young girl were off to the right of the perp and her line of fire was, not at all, in danger of hitting them. There was a point where her gun appears to be pointed toward the mother and child, but I think that's a trick of the perspective of the camera and at that point she had stopped firing. Granted her finger was probably still on the trigger, but I still think the angle was not directly at them at any time.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Trained to shoot center mass, I think she got close to his chest trying to mitigate any chance of missing.
Hindsight is 20/20.
I agree centre mass is the priority. But, once he was on the ground she should have shot him in the face.

Nobody like this gets a pass walking up to an entire crowd of innocent woman and children in broad daylight. Than, pointing a gun attempting to commit a robbery.

That’s right up there with rapists, child Molesters, and those who prey on the weak.

Kill them all and scatter their bones for all to see.