This guy is fantastic

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Came across this channel... lots of great info on electronics repair as well as other topics, like this one.

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I get where he's coming from (being in the service repair industry), but the salty language kills it for me, otherwise I would have subbed..

gordo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I like his scientific Hikvision test. :)

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I get where he's coming from (being in the service repair industry), but the salty language kills it for me, otherwise I would have subbed..

Man up sally he wasn't even bad. you're acting like they are the most offensive words in the english language. Im sure you swear just as much when you're mad

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Man up sally he wasn't even bad. you're acting like they are the most offensive words in the english language. Im sure you swear just as much when you're mad
Lol... yep just words...

IMO He presented a case, surrounded by the fact that he is a professional (just trying to help others). I just prefer the argument given be presented in a professional manner.

Also, with kids in the house I prefer the language I listen to, be the same that I teach my children.

.... and nope; I try and maintain my cool under pain or pressure; for me it's a matter of discipline.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Lol... yep just words...

IMO He presented a case, surrounded by the fact that he is a professional (just trying to help others). I just prefer the argument given be presented in a professional manner.

Also, with kids in the house I prefer the language I listen to, be the same that I teach my children.

.... and nope; I try and maintain my cool under pain or pressure; for me it's a matter of discipline.
It was a rant video watch his others not one swear word. Plus in todays times most kids hear far worse in school. Like me and every other kids back in the day we swear outside the homes like sailors and once you got home you didn't

Better off teaching them when to use the words rather then the word is bad and to never say it.

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It was a rant video watch his others not one swear word. Plus in todays times most kids hear far worse in school. Like me and every other kids back in the day we swear outside the homes like sailors and once you got home you didn't

Better off teaching them when to use the words rather then the word is bad and to never say it.
Who said i was offend? I don't recall anything even implying I was offended. Please don't assume :)
You didn't say you were offended, but you are acting like it.

Let's examine the discourse so far.....

1) Your very first direct response to me in this thread, and on this forum no less, is to resort to an ad hominem attack. I understand why you did, and it's not at all bothersome and is the reason why I didn't bring it up before this.
2) You assumed by making the comment "Im sure you swear just as much when you're mad" that I am also in the habit of reacting as others do.
3) You assumed, that as a child I "swear outside the homes like sailors" but that is also not true. I had a father who lead by example, one whom I greatly respect, who taught me the importance in what and how something is said.
4) You thought it best to dole out parenting advice "Better off teaching them when to use the words rather then the word is bad and to never say it." that was unsolicited.
5) My comment(s) were about what I thought (as in me, my opinion) not how other should think, feel or do.

I try and lead my children by the example that I make, just as my father did with me. For someone who doesn't want others to be presumptuous, you are all together failing at the notion yourself. :cool:

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You didn't say you were offended, but you are acting like it.

Let's examine the discourse so far.....

1) Your very first direct response to me in this thread, and on this forum no less, is to resort to an ad hominem attack. I understand why you did, and it's not at all bothersome and is the reason why I didn't bring it up before this.
2) You assumed by making the comment "Im sure you swear just as much when you're mad" that I am also in the habit of reacting as others do.
3) You assumed, that as a child I "swear outside the homes like sailors" but that is also not true. I had a father who lead by example, one whom I greatly respect, who taught me the importance in what and how something is said.
4) You thought it best to dole out parenting advice "Better off teaching them when to use the words rather then the word is bad and to never say it." that was unsolicited.
5) My comment(s) were about what I thought (as in me, my opinion) not how other should think, feel or do.

I try and lead my children by the example that I make, just as my father did with me. For someone who doesn't want others to be presumptuous, you are all together failing at the notion yourself. :cool:

The standard rebuttals I'm an angel, i never did anything wrong, hands up don't shoot, I'm scared of the dark etc blah blah. we get it none the less I'm far from offended believe me you will know, I don't sugar coat anything i call it like i see it whether you like it or not. I still stand by my comment you're a sensitive sally and honestly this world has way to many of them hence why this great country has gown completely backwards way to many simple things bother people. Im sure you raised your kids the best you think I'm in no place to say i wouldn't know BUT if they were raised as good as you say then a few swear words isn't going to destroy the path you helped then to take especially from a unknown person on a youtube channel. JUST SAYING

No one doled out parenting advice I never mentioned you as a parent should do this and that. I simply stated Them in general as in all of todays whacked out kids should be taught differently rather then the nipple fed way they are now a days.

27 years ago when i was in school mass school shootings didn't happen, and clean and legal ass whooping from your parents was in the right. Todays kids are off their rockers, spoiled and just down right crazy or soft which ever category you want to put them in.

Moving on

BTW i was raised the same way BUT... i was educated when the right and wrong times are for certain actions and choice of words by my educated well respected Chicago Cop / mother

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just as a side note - I also do not curse. My family growing up did not curse. I have a 15 year old daughter that does not curse. It is a choice, it does not hurt my feelings and I don't run away crying when people curse around me but I find it useless myself. To me it shows either a weak vocabulary or a weak intellect when someone curses all the time. :D I honestly mean that as inoffensively as possible, I just choose to not listen to cursing when possible. I have had movies ruined for me by overuse of curse words, I just find it silly and unneeded.

A word here and there is fine, but some people seem to need to curse every few words. I will attempt to avoid those people when possible myself anyway, I go out of my way to be friendly and easy going. I have no need to be around people who are not. Just the way I prefer it, others do not mind at all. Live and let live, I'm not judging them and I'd assume they are not judging me.

Last edited by a moderator:

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I can understand his frustration, but he said the same thing over and over again. He sort of whispered when he cursed, so no biggie.

johngalt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've been listening to this guy a little while working on some stuff...

This video is great!!! I like this guy, the salty language and all. Anytime the smarter, more productive, no nonsense, little guy stands up to the BS and says F-U, I'm listening.

Reaction score
I must say; thank you for all the words! Kind or otherwise. ;)

For the most part, cursing is reserved for the videos. This channel never started with the intention of being a soapbox for tech issues, or a how-to guide to component level motherboard repair. It was actually my own form of therapy - a $100 camcorder I talked into whenever something excited, angered, or saddened me, and I suppose a part of this is that I lend my most animated self to the camera. This occasionally includes foul language, and I completely understand if this is not to one's liking or taste. Sometimes I go back and listen to these and it isn't even to mine! However, it actually helped my productivity, clarity, and happiness in my everyday life by leaps and bounds, and it's allowed me to have a more clear version of any issue or idea that comes to mind. Sounds silly, but is what it is.

That said, one area where I am an advocate of occasional cursing is when I desire to make someone feel "better" than I. In the real world, there are many people are more likely to do business with you when they feel like you're closer to "their level", or like you're not "better than them." I accomplish that by strategically sliding a curse or inappropriate joke in every now and then so they can feel more at ease. Sometimes perfectly appropriate; sometimes completely wrong, depends on the situation.

I've actually been a lurker of this forum for a very long time prior to reading this and registering here today, and appreciate the large amount of free information offered here. I look forward to reading more as time goes on!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@l.a.rossmann Welcome to the forum! It is a real pleasure to watch your vids - both the repairs and the "therapy"...