These Bunnings Orion Things Alright?

abrogard

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are these things okay?

What about the power? It seems to be saying it is supplied with power via a USB cable which can be plugged into any type A port.

So that means it has to be powered from your computer?

Or I have to find a power supply - a wallwart - that has a usb socket? That's not very common is it?

Anyone know about these things?

Orion Grid Connect Smart 1080p HD White Pan And Tilt Security Camera

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'd expect it to be the same 'alright' low quality as the Grid Connect stuff from Arlec.
For that price, I expect it to be a very low quality image sensor and processor.

But you know what, it's cheap enough that I'd have a play with it. I wouldn't expect much, just use as an observation camera in the house.

I see down here in NZ that it's listed under Click brand. Click 1080p HD White Grid Connect Smart Pan And Tilt Security Camera

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
so 1080 isn't good enough, basically?
2MP (1080p) is a decent resolution.

I'm talking about the quality of the unit and quality of the image.
How good colours turn out, WDR, compression, digital artefacts, motion blur and millions more things that go into capturing an image using a grid of light sensors (the imaging sensor inside).

abrogard

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
oh. okay. I guess like you say at that price I ought to give it a go. Have you got any knowledge of that power input question I raised?

abrogard

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
oh yes, I finally woke up. adapts the 3 pin power to a usb socket things can plug into instead of into a computer?
yep. can do that. Actually already got a cam doing that. I just go brain dead sometimes. :)