These are the big Shortages of Hikvision, which are really missing.

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, i want to list some points, which are very annoying - frustrating for me. It might be that i might be wrong, if so please let me know / advice

1. On remote, you cannot LOCK file, like you can on gui interface ( in order to backup them later )
  2. When device is added to cloud ( hik connect ) and you want to download a period of 1 hour, its only giving 2 mins.. which can take very long time, especcialy with multiple camera views
  3. No Possibility to download clips larger then 2 MINS on mobile
  4. When downloading footage from WEB, you cannot only download a specifik period of time, it gives you the whole footage, also before and after. ( While you CAN with IVMS )
  5. When you are on Remote, you cannot access the webpages of ip cameras, which are connected to POE switch ( unless you do portforwarding to them , 1 by 1 )
  6. When you have a ip camera with build in mic, its not possible to give someone only acces to video, without audio. No user restrictions
  7. When by example acusense /speaker / light camera is connected , you cannot control this one, unless you add it to the cloud ( with portforwarding the functions are not available )

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
When you are on Remote, you cannot access the webpages of ip cameras, which are connected to POE switch ( unless you do portforwarding to them , 1 by 1 )

Isnt this the case with any scenario? How would you remotely access anything without opening ports? i mean you could with hik-partnerPro. It does allow configuration page via cloud. But it has some limitations.

When device is added to cloud ( hik connect ) and you want to download a period of 1 hour, its only giving 2 mins.. which can take very long time, especcialy with multiple camera views

Well their cloud is free and with limited bandwidth, so in order to others enjoy fluent view, they disabled large file downloads.