There is a reason these guys wear masks

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
man you could make some serious money if you figured out how to make a mammal proof hummingbird feeder..

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm thinking of something along the lines of electrical tape and thumb tacks. Won't stop the bears, but I ought to be able to make it harder for this guy to climb the pole and bend it over.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL. Thats a good video. That little guy was smarter than a lot of people we see recorded on here.

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The little s**t pulled the same feeder down a few weeks ago and broke it. I put it back together last weekend with some marine putty. At least this time it doesn't look like he broke it, and I got a good video out of it.

He's going to be a problem though... Raccoons have a really long memory when it comes to food sources. We were putting out cat food for a stray for a few weeks while we searched for the owner and eventually found him a home. A year later the raccoon family in the neighborhood still comes by almost every night and checks behind the hedge where we were feeding the cat to see if the food bowl has miraculously reappeared.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
might use some EMT conduit and make your next stand, use one of the benders in your LHS to put a 90 degree bend on the top.. it'll be alot more sturdy.. and if high enough off the ground it would be very difficult for em to climb