The official "WTF" thread

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ended up the person killed was an actor.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So this was a WTF to do moment with a wife crying after our dogs discovered this:
1717068736462.png1717068927241.png1717068989861.png

She wanted me to bury it, lol, I told her we needed to leave it to feed nature so I moved it to a clearing in the back of our property so our dogs would not mess with it, the next day only bones were left. Thank you buzzards or hogs or whoever fed on it, I am guessing both...but this city boy is still learning...:)

Now the big question, how did it die? All we saw was a few marks on its hind legs, I assume it was dragged to the place we found it by looking at its head position. I will guess it just died within a day or less, it was not stiff at all. I would of saw it the day before when I mowing...

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So this was a WTF to do moment with a wife crying after our dogs discovered this:
View attachment 195503View attachment 195504

She wanted me to bury it, lol, I told her we needed to leave it to feed nature so I moved it to a clearing in the back of our property so our dogs would not mess with it, the next day only bones were left. Thank you buzzards or hogs or whoever fed on it, I am guessing both...but this city boy is still learning...:)

Now the big question, how did it die? All we saw was a few marks on its hind legs, I assume it was dragged to the place we found it by looking at its head position. I will guess it just died within a day or less, it was not stiff at all. I would of saw it the day before when I mowing...
Likely the fawn was too young to have succumbed to CWS (Chronic Wasting Disease) as it has an incubation period of 18 to 24 months, much longer than the young fawn was alive. ....that's the only positive note I can think of here.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Likely the fawn was too young to have succumbed to CWS (Chronic Wasting Disease) as it has an incubation period of 18 to 24 months, much longer than the young fawn was alive. ....that's the only positive note I can think of here.
Wow, had to look up CWS. Glad it does not transfer to dogs...but I still think something dragged it to where we found it. Could of even been a dog, if it were a hog there would be nothing left. Whatever it was does not like deer meat...

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, had to look up CWS. Glad it does not transfer to dogs...but I still think something dragged it to where we found it. Could of even been a dog, if it were a hog there would be nothing left. Whatever it was does not like deer meat...
It's more likely that the fawn's mother succumbed to CWD so the baby was not cared for, or she contracted another illness, was shot or hit by a vehicle. :confused: