The Number of people counting channels exceeded license limit

MikePP

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,

Iam currently in the process op implementing a DSS7016-D-S2 Pro server. Everything has been working properly for the last few weeks and we added around 100 camera's to the server.
After we have done the latest firmware update to our server and DSS clients we get the following error when adding new camera's or editing any camera properties:
'The Number of people counting channels exceeded license limit.'

We never had this problem before the update and we are not using any people counting options.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on and how to fix this?

Attachments

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
At a guess, check the properties of your cameras and settings and make sure they're not assigned as people counting cameras even though they aren't counting. According to the specs you can have 200IP cameras but only 64 People Counting Cameras so I'm guessing the properties of some of the cameras are wrong.

Gaesillo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I'm also having the exact same problem, although my DSS7016 server has only DVR's and some NVR's instead of cameras added to it (definitely not a single people counting function active or in use).

rubsmong

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,

Iam currently in the process op implementing a DSS7016-D-S2 Pro server. Everything has been working properly for the last few weeks and we added around 100 camera's to the server.
After we have done the latest firmware update to our server and DSS clients we get the following error when adding new camera's or editing any camera properties:
'The Number of people counting channels exceeded license limit.'

We never had this problem before the update and we are not using any people counting options.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on and how to fix this?
Could you assist me with the firmware download link - seem to have corrupted mine

Wiz_ard

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You need to go back to the devices you have already added and remove people counting from the feature set, if it gives you an error when trying to do so - delete a batch of cameras, manually re-add them one at a time, before moving onto adding the next camera uncheck all the features you will NOT be using.

1659374635909.png