The Hookup Ranks Budget Cameras under $50

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
reolink-review-fov-heats.png

note, yes the RLC-510a has a 4mm lens as per specs .. so not a fair comparison with a 2.8mm lens

FYI - posted the math and some discussion in another thread which makes it easier for me to find for reference ..

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Some of these cams are over $50, Reolink included. I rarely find coupons, for these types of devices. But yeah, I get it. How about the least expensive cams from 5-6 brands regardless of what the "low low CrazY Eddies pricing" is.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Was just about to add a couple more ezviz 3CN cameras to my other bunch of ezviz (C3N have the leds) and have seen these Amcrest 5MP IP5M-T1179EW for 50 USD!! POE if needed also.

How would these compare to the Ezviz C3N? 50 USD seems very cheap.
Easy set up on Blue Iris? Can I have them set in colour 24 hours a day? i have floodlights in some areas.

I can't see they have PTZ. Not so bothered about that but a nice 108 dedgree coverage more than the Ezviz.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I have 6 of them across 2 BI installs. install just like Dahua in BI.
3 in community laundry rooms. 3 i just picked up and installed last week at home.
I was tired of waiting to get rid of this Costco system, ( wanted more 5442's) but for $47 ( 1/2 tank of gas ) if you rip it off the wall, I wont cry.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looks like the amcrest have excellent definition but I'm swaying towards the ezviz C3N due to the led lights, human detection, WiFi back up and generally good quality build. Got 4 exterior ones already.

Not entirely made up my mind yet though.