The Heat is On.

Lawnboy1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
we had a front blow through last evening. with some rain (Rare event this year) cooled off ( for the moment) been hot for us. 84 yesterday in a monkey suit loading baggage at the airport. Felt hot enough.
View attachment 168122
View attachment 168123
We had a pretty nice downpour a few days ago and it was much needed. The temps dropped by at least 10° almost instantly.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I'll still take heat like that over cold any day. But I grew up in it. Cold I'm just miserable.
I used to feel that way. I grew up in the Palm Springs, California area and was used to the high heat. However now that I am nearing 80 years old my body says otherwise. This is my 79th year and I can say I feel the difference from even a year ago.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I hear the same crap from my sister who lives in FL. "I miss the winter." Uh huh... I'll make the same offer -- Come up here when it's 20 degrees and you need to go shovel out and trudge through a few feet of frozen white shit for weeks and then let me know which you'd choose. ; )

Lawnboy1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I hear the same crap from my sister who lives in FL. "I miss the winter." Uh huh... I'll make the same offer -- Come up here when it's 20 degrees and you need to go shovel out and trudge through a few feet of frozen white shit for weeks and then let me know which you'd choose. ; )
I'll take 90° temps for $500 Alex! :thumb:

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I lived in Phoenix when it got to 122. I've lived in places where it has been as low as -50f.

I'll take the heat any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Though I'll admit the humidity is what gets me anymore. Can't take it and I don't like it.

Last edited:

Lawnboy1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I lived in Phoenix when it got to 122. I've lived in places where it has been as low as -50f.

I'll take the heat any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Though I'll admit the humidity it what gets me anymore. Can't take it and I don't like it.
100 n what????!!!!!

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score

I'll take the heat any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Though I'll admit the humidity it what gets me anymore. Can't take it and I don't like it.
I worked out in Phoenix back in the early 90's for a couple of years. I could take the heat for the most part. I grew up in N. Illinois, so I know what cold is about. I have been in Tennessee for over 30 years......I am stuck with pollen, heat and humidity.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Yep.
It was "only" 94 here yesterday but the humidity was 98%. :wow:

Mowed the back yard yesterday at 6PM and had to hang all my clothes up to dry before putting in the hamper...they were soaked, like I'd had fallen in a swimming pool (I wish!)....:headbang:

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yep.
It was "only" 94 here yesterday but the humidity was 98%. :wow:

Mowed the back yard yesterday at 6PM and had to hang all my clothes up to dry before putting in the hamper...they were soaked, like I'd had fallen in a swimming pool (I wish!)....:headbang:
I worked out of New Orleans for awhile back in the day. Nothing like waking up, taking a shower, walk outside and be soaking wet within minutes, like you're still in the shower.
Learned real quick you take at least two real showers a day. lol

Lawnboy1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I worked out in Phoenix back in the early 90's for a couple of years. I could take the heat for the most part. I grew up in N. Illinois, so I know what cold is about. I have been in Tennessee for over 30 years......I am stuck with pollen, heat and humidity.
Pollen coupled with humidity and heat sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Lawnboy1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I worked out of New Orleans for awhile back in the day. Nothing like waking up, taking a shower, walk outside and be soaking wet within minutes, like you're still in the shower.
Learned real quick you take at least two real showers a day. lol
Yeah you right! #InMyUptownVoice. ⚜