The Heat is On.

Lawnboy1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Not bad tonight but it was like that here last night. I think our humidity was even higher. Feels like you can swim through the air.
Speaking of swimming: we have an above ground pool that I keep covered most of the time so the sun won't deplete my chlorine or cause all the water to go away and it feels like a hot tub. I had to take the cover off this evening, so hopefully we can enjoy it tomorrow.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm the opposite.... would prefer the weather a little colder than hot if I must choose. Any time when the weather is over 82 degree and high humidity I'm feeling miserable. Cold is okay until around 30 degree and wind chill factor.

Lawnboy1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm the opposite.... would prefer the weather a little colder than hot if I must choose. Any time when the weather is over 82 degree and high humidity I'm feeling miserable. Cold is okay until around 30 degree and wind chill factor.
30°???!!! The heat is on and blankets out with that temp.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'll still take heat like that over cold any day. But I grew up in it. Cold I'm just miserable.
Same here.
Could tolerate extremes better, especially the cold, when I was MUCH younger. Now I like the comfort the warmth provides to my arthritic back, knees and hands.
Probably why my favorite seasons are fall and spring.
We had 2 days with a low of 4.8 and 5.2 this past December and I haven't experienced a below zero in many years....thankfully!

It's almost 75 at 0539, we're headed toward another mid 90's high, humidity @ 99% now.

FlagCam_072023_0539.jpg

Lawnboy1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Same here.
Could tolerate extremes better, especially the cold, when I was MUCH younger. Now I like the comfort the warmth provides to my arthritic back, knees and hands.
We had 2 days with a low of 4.8 and 5.2 this past December and I haven't experienced a below zero in many years....thankfully!
I wish we had spring weather all year. And at 53 so far, so good. Nothin's breaking. The hands, back, hip and knees are all in good shape. However, I've suddenly started having allergy issues. Thankfully, a Claritin will clear that up right away.

Lawnboy1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Same here.

It's almost 75 at 0539, we're headed toward another mid 90's high, humidity @ 99% now.

View attachment 168088
Already 81° @ 0614 and the sun hasn't risen yet. It'll probably get in the high 90's with "feel like" in the low 100's today.

Lawnboy1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Battling the heat myself here in San Antonio TX. Already tired of this crap. HURRY THE F UP September! :)
This is another subject altogether. How in the world do you guys navigate all the interchanges on the freeway? And please don't say with GPS because it ALWAYS takes the long way around. We were at on place and GPS made us go down to UTSA, make a turn and come back to get to our hotel when all we really had to do was make a simple right turn from our original position. It's insane!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is another subject altogether. How in the world do you guys navigate all the interchanges on the freeway? And please don't say with GPS because it ALWAYS takes the long way around. We were at on place and GPS made us go down to UTSA, make a turn and come back to get to our hotel when all we really had to do was make a simple right turn from our original position. It's insane!
Google does it too sometimes to me, even when there is no real time traffic issue in the vinicity.
I'm thinking Navtec, Google, various mapping and GPS companies are getting kickbacks from the gas companies! :wtf: :lol:

Lawnboy1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Google does it too sometimes to me, even when there is no real time traffic issue in the vinicity.
I'm thinking Navtec, Google, various mapping and GPS companies are getting kickbacks from the gas companies! :wtf: :lol:
I told my wife the EXACT SAME THING! :cool:

Lawnboy1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm a truck drive by profession and learned to drive pre Google and GPS. I learned how to read signs and maps. Anyway, when coming home GPS told me to go one way and my Spidey sense told me to go another. I followed GPS just to see what happens. Wouldn't you know it, my Spidey sense was correct. I could have shaved off a few miles and saved some time had I NOT followed GPS.