"The Cat Chase Is ON"

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ewwww just saw one of my biggest pet peeves, People who buy and own boats and leave then on the dam street in the winter warped up. Tacky as hell IMO. I mean a boat is a luxury item store them properly rather then leaving them on a street where parking is a premium especially when it snows or put it in the driveway. Not very respectful IMO.

Nice editing but i can still see the plate AZ***37 :O)

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ewwww just saw one of my biggest pet peeves, People who buy and own boats and leave then on the dam street in the winter warped up. Tacky as hell IMO. I mean a boat is a luxury item store them properly rather then leaving them on a street where parking is a premium especially when it snows or put it in the driveway. Not very respectful IMO.

Nice editing but i can still see the plate AZ***37 :O)
Well I have to respond to your message just to give you my reason for parking our boat where it is. First off, No offense taken from your response.
Parking on the street: We are home owners and the area in front of our house we tend to protect and my way to do this is with the boat. By the way, the boat is a 1964 Glastron Futura that I have pretty much redone everything, but the paint. As for parking in a driveway, we own 4 cars that I take care of continuously. I put one car in the single car garage during the winter and one car I pull into a double gated area onto our back patio and the 3rd car is in the driveway. The wife's car is in front of the boat. I live in a home that has a shared driveway as well. I have had to take some of the backyard to use for vehicle parking. Our lot is only 50ft x 125ft with the home taking most of this. I also pay the registrations on the boat and trailer and this gives me the right to park it where it is since this is pretty much why reg's are paid. Road care. I place 2 tarps over my boat and protect it from the elements 100% and storage is free, minus the reg. Cover storage units here can cost between $45 -$90 a month for a 10x15 which barely fits the 17ft boat. So, I have looked at every efficient way to store the boat for winter and this was the best choice I can make at this time. It also keeps people respectful of stealing parking areas in front of our home being that both of us are disabled. Being a home owner pretty much allows us to use the area front of our home as we please. It is not written, but it is given to us respectfully and allowed to be used as we like by the city.
So, I can understand your pet peeve and I have similar feelings, but we are short of room as it is. We don't intrude on any other property and have great communication with our neighbors. I am doing my best with the money I get from disability and hope in the near future we can expand our garage to hold the boat. So, again, I get your feelings and respect them. :.)

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Nice edit - are your side drive way cameras beneficial at night though? I have to believe you have some terrible IR reflection off that beam for the one facing the front of the house and some bad IR reflection off the side of the home with the one pointing back to the garage?

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
First boat problems, I don't have any room for my FOUR CARS AND A BOAT, sorry if I don't shed a tear for you lol.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well I have to respond to your message just to give you my reason for parking our boat where it is. First off, No offense taken from your response.
Parking on the street: We are home owners and the area in front of our house we tend to protect and my way to do this is with the boat. By the way, the boat is a 1964 Glastron Futura that I have pretty much redone everything, but the paint. As for parking in a driveway, we own 4 cars that I take care of continuously. I put one car in the single car garage during the winter and one car I pull into a double gated area onto our back patio and the 3rd car is in the driveway. The wife's car is in front of the boat. I live in a home that has a shared driveway as well. I have had to take some of the backyard to use for vehicle parking. Our lot is only 50ft x 125ft with the home taking most of this. I also pay the registrations on the boat and trailer and this gives me the right to park it where it is since this is pretty much why reg's are paid. Road care. I place 2 tarps over my boat and protect it from the elements 100% and storage is free, minus the reg. Cover storage units here can cost between $45 -$90 a month for a 10x15 which barely fits the 17ft boat. So, I have looked at every efficient way to store the boat for winter and this was the best choice I can make at this time. It also keeps people respectful of stealing parking areas in front of our home being that both of us are disabled. Being a home owner pretty much allows us to use the area front of our home as we please. It is not written, but it is given to us respectfully and allowed to be used as we like by the city.
So, I can understand your pet peeve and I have similar feelings, but we are short of room as it is. We don't intrude on any other property and have great communication with our neighbors. I am doing my best with the money I get from disability and hope in the near future we can expand our garage to hold the boat. So, again, I get your feelings and respect them. :.)

Fare enough! Me personally id park one of 4 said cars on the street as and put that bad boy in the back. i don't car much about cars let it be hit or destroyed hell stolen, but boats and motorcycles thats a whole other issue for me they are well out of the eye of the public along with one car that is a garage queen and a whore on the weekends :O) but then again in Il if the shit isn't bolted down its stolen. Any where near chicago subs included that would raise all hell with the busy bodies from the neighborhood a lot of ordinance against it to. Plus the money i save from putting them up for the winter covers storage if I need to store outside of my domain, But you have to make due and i can respect that I don't have to like it, but there are far better things in life to worry about. :O) Mind over matter if you don't mind it doesnt matter

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Nice edit - are your side drive way cameras beneficial at night though? I have to believe you have some terrible IR reflection off that beam for the one facing the front of the house and some bad IR reflection off the side of the home with the one pointing back to the garage?
I only run IR on the garage cam 5. The rest of my cameras rely on a 1700 lumens LED post light at the top of the first set of stairs and a IR flood that can be seen in the corner of cam 1 & 3. The driveway cam 4 is going to be moved 4 perlings forward under the eve. I also will be moving the garage cam 5 over to the garage face and pointed down driveway to cover cars in the driveway closer. I have a very bright LED motion light under eve of garage that will turn on the day color mode on camera to get super close up color ID's. I haven't had time to move the cameras to their permanent position since mounting Huisun 10x PTZ and because of winter. I also wanted to give a little time on the cameras so I could make a better decision on placement. I will be changing lenses on 3 cameras probably, from 4mm to a 6mm or 8mm to sharpen up details of people walking by. I want to put the Huisun PTZ camera back into the line up and use one of the Hik 2032 for dedicated LPD. It's a work in progress until I get perfect positioning and lighting. But, you know how that goes...always end up buying a new camera and it changes everything. lol

Attachments

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Fare enough! Me personally id park one of 4 said cars on the street as and put that bad boy in the back. i don't car much about cars let it be hit or destroyed hell stolen, but boats and motorcycles thats a whole other issue for me they are well out of the eye of the public along with one car that is a garage queen and a whore on the weekends :O) but then again in Il if the shit isn't bolted down its stolen. Any where near chicago subs included that would raise all hell with the busy bodies from the neighborhood a lot of ordinance against it to. Plus the money i save from putting them up for the winter covers storage if I need to store outside of my domain, But you have to make due and i can respect that I don't have to like it, but there are far better things in life to worry about. :O) Mind over matter if you don't mind it doesn't matter
My cars are a little exotic and are high performance, they don't stand a chance on the street. Hence the reason I will never park these cars on the street. The boat is just a boat to me. I don't put it under the luxury item label as much as I do with my vehicles. Strange thing here also...fuggin kids will rip your car off and walk right by the boat every time. The boat doesn't trigger their instinct to steal.
Last October I had some POS walk all the way up the driveway to try and steal a recently completed HP engine build and restoration '85 TBird. He was surprised to find out that I was coming out to have a talk with him if he liked it or not. He just slipped out of my hands as I made an attempt to grab him. He got a warning from me as he was running away. So, I am pretty sure he has just enough intelligence to realize that he will not slip out of my hands the next time I see him.
If the boat was a HP Tahiti low profile speed boat, I would have second thoughts. But, since the boat is the least expensive item out of all my vehicles, it gets to sleep out in the street like it should. :.)

Last edited:

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
First boat problems, I don't have any room for my FOUR CARS AND A BOAT, sorry if I don't shed a tear for you lol.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
NOoo, don't shed a tear for me. I enjoy nice things and My cars are very nice things. My boat is just a boat, doesn't even come close to the capabilities of what my vehicles have or give in return. We all have our own lives and that's what makes us. I just enjoy rolling better then I do rowing. lol :)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I caught a cat chase that was picked up on almost all my cameras. I edited together to create this short HD Stereo Video of the entire case. Enjoy
Bradmph,
Yes, great editing. BTW, what do you use for the job?

I was recently asked by a friend, a disabled Gulf War vet, to piece together videos of his daughter playing on her HS volleyball team; he wants to send a DVD to some prospective colleges, seeking an athletic scholarship for her. Video editing is not my forte, have done some conversions and have put together a clip or two but I believe I need better software (hopefully not too much $$$).

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Bradmph,
Yes, great editing. BTW, what do you use for the job?

I was recently asked by a friend, a disabled Gulf War vet, to piece together videos of his daughter playing on her HS volleyball team; he wants to send a DVD to some prospective colleges, seeking an athletic scholarship for her. Video editing is not my forte, have done some conversions and have put together a clip or two but I believe I need better software (hopefully not too much $$$).
Cant go wrong with iMovie