The 2mp laview/hikvision cube camera is on sale for 90

Ecko404

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Any feedback from forum member on this cam?
I already have 3 DS-2CD2432F-IW... maybee looking to get another one.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I personally have one... And have installed another 3 of the laview cubes... They are the same as the hiks but only go to 1080p... There is a bit more noise in the audio as compared to the hiks.. But if you set the noise reduction and don't see the levels too high it's fine... The only real issue with these cams as well as the hiks is that they go into night mode too early...

Sent via Taptalk

lviperz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have 2 of these I got back when Newegg had them on sale. They work fine. The only drawback is the light sensor doesn't detect light that well so it stays in night mode all the time. My family room is a little dark. However, this can be overcome by setting a schedule for night an day modes in the camera's settings. Or if you are adventurous you can disassemble the camera and slightly open the hole for the sensor a bit to allow more light in.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 2 of these I got back when Newegg had them on sale. They work fine. The only drawback is the light sensor doesn't detect light that well so it stays in night mode all the time. My family room is a little dark. However, this can be overcome by setting a schedule for night an day modes in the camera's settings. Or if you are adventurous you can disassemble the camera and slightly open the hole for the sensor a bit to allow more light in.
FYI, If you are using blue iris, you can set a schedule to adjust with sunrise and sunset to change between night and day mode...in the cameras schedule tab, setup an event...