Text and graphic overlay when exporting from D2D

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

I record D2D, and would like to be able to export clips with the text overlay (date and time).

So when I go to export, I select MP4... and tick "Add the camera's current text and graphic overlay". The clip exports fine, but there's not text overlay.

Do I need to set an option somewhere else so this data is available, or am I missing something else?

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Adding the timestamp may only be available when recording to BVR...i havent tested it, however, the help file seems to indicate the same...and it makes sense as the other formats dont have the capability of storing the timestamp info for later use...

"If you are using direct-to-disc recording (no video re-encoding video from the camera) then you will notice that text and graphic overlays such as the time stamp that may be specified on the Video tab in camera properties are not added to your recordings. You may choose to add these now during the export. The precise video timestamp is retained in the BVR format and is used here to reproduce the exact time overlay that would otherwise have been recorded."

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply Fenderman.

If BVR format = "Blue Iris DVR", then yes, that's what I'm using, but no luck.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply Fenderman.

If BVR format = "Blue Iris DVR", then yes, that's what I'm using, but no luck.
Yes, blue iris dvr format...not sure why its not working..its should..i just tested it to confirm..what version of BI are you using?

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for testing it Fenderman.

I'm using 4.0.1.14 x64

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Update in case anyone else has similar problem:

I emailed support, and Ken suggested I try a few things, none of which helped. Last night he logged into my machine remotely, did some testing, and found the problem, which he is going to work on a fix for (I assume in a future update).

Many thanks Ken for great support! :encouragement:

Ivanushka

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same problem, my version BI is 3.56
what can i do to solve this problem?
only update to new version?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have the same problem, my version BI is 3.56
what can i do to solve this problem?
only update to new version?
The feature should work in your version..are you sure you are doing it correctly? if so you will have to email support...

Ivanushka

n3wb
Reaction score
yes I doing everything correct
I'm already updated to version 4.0 and now when i export from bvr d2d video OSD text placed on video, now everything correct