Testing out a New BEAST

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
oah wow; thats pretty intense setup... neat!

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
It's doing very well. You could take a look and see if there is a zoom adjustment and see how it tracks when zoomed tighter too. It's impressive that it stayed with the initial target regardless, and went to another target after the initial target left the scene. What will challenge the algorithm even further is a tighter zoom to the target. That shows off just how well the software analyzes on the fly. It let go of the last pedestrian a bit early. It may be a setting to call back to the home position overriding tracking. Overall it looks really good and tracks smoothly. It's definitely doing well.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Clipboard07-2.jpg

Clipboard05-3.jpg

Clipboard06-5.jpg

Clipboard01-117.jpg

Here are some night shots. As with every Dahua PTZ, they are outstanding at night. Every one I've used has electron or mechanical IR and each setting works depends on the lighting situation at the place it is installed. As far as the zoom goes Shock, I think I told it to zoom in even more than it did, but I think it is sensing the size of the moving object and chosing it's own zoom level. Either way, I still have some more time to play around with it, my customer can't have it installed for a few more days anyway.

BrianDC

n3wb
Reaction score
Impressive system. It's a shame you have can't hold on to it longer.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
That is some really amazing motion tracking. Much better than I expected. I wonder how well it would do with much closer and relatively fast moving objects. Like if you mounted one on the corner of a 1-story house, and somebody was to run around that corner, do you think it would be able to follow them or would it lose track?

eyeball

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
industrial strength, no doubt. hell, if I put that up someone would probably steal the camera.:D

fmflex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Vector

Very impressive indeed. How high up do you have it test mounted? Would you mind sharing what the model number of that camera?

Thanks

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The PTZ was mounted on the 15th floor of my apt. The camera is listed on the dahua website.

fmflex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for that, I'm still debating if I actually need 30x zoom on a PTZ or if I could get away with 10x or 20x.

I'll have a hunt and see what's for sale on aliexpress.

mik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for that, I'm still debating if I actually need 30x zoom on a PTZ or if I could get away with 10x or 20x.

I'll have a hunt and see what's for sale on aliexpress.
fmflex, what did you end up choosing for PTZ?

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I watched that video - kinda freaks me out to be honest. I wouldn't consider this consumer-level stuff yet, and the size of the camera will serve as a barrier to some (you couldn't pay me to strap one of those on my house). In time, though, I see it shrinking in size and price. It's inevitable. Hikvision model of this camera in the future; the privacy concerns hurt my head. Nice camera, though.

fmflex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
fmflex, what did you end up choosing for PTZ?
I went with a Dahua SD59230S with the black face. 30x optical zoom could still be overkill but we'll see. Also plan on mounting it up high so size doesn't bother me that much. It's landed locally but held up by customs so waiting to get hold of it for a play.