Temp on my SD59230U-HNI PTZ.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well the temps are up in AZ, and i just happened to aquire a flir from work... so i wanted to compare the temp the camera says(processor temp) vs outside temp... this was with the sun on the camera, roughly 103 today. First pic is on the plastic case at the hottest point, next is the metal case of the camera(it is painted a lighter brown to match the house, and then the temp the camera says...thought it was interesting, wanted to pass on the info.FLIR00001.jpg FLIR00002.jpg PTZbackyard.jpg

Last edited:

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yep, another 12 more degrees to go for the outside high, to truly test to see if it will handle the heat...no issues so far... I hope it holds up.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yep, another 12 more degrees to go for the outside high, to truly test to see if it will handle the heat...no issues so far... I hope it holds up.
My internal temp went over 140ºF for several hours the other day with no problem. Although the real test is going to be long term reliability at those readings. Most electronics can handle the heat for a little while. It's once you start getting repeated occurrences of consecutive high temps that the wear and tear starts building up.