Tapo 2k color camera

9th Power

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone, does anyone have any experience with this camera? Tapo C325WB.
The specs seems pretty good for a 2k camera with color. I need outdoor cameras for a small car lot. Any info anyone can offer will be appreciated. Thanks

Reaction score
Others will chime in with all the reasons why-- but you just should never believe the bs hype and put in a wifi camera. They simply are not reliable for their intended purpose.

Secondly-- read the amazon reviews of people that have had problems with this camera. It is what I would expect for this. That said-- the camera itself seems to have a decently sized sensor for 4mp at 1/1.79. It is likely a 2.8mm of smaller lens to have a field of view of 127 degrees. That means the crap they are posting about license plate ID both day and night at distance is just effectively a lie.
1698119475569.png

Read up on the forum here and others will chime in with their ideas for cameras to cover a large area outside. This cam-- if it were WIRED, might be ok as a spotter cam for general overview.

looktall

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This cam-- if it were WIRED
It's both wired and wireless.
I'm still not convinced that it would be a good camera though.
The sensor to mp ratio is right but unless it also offers the ability to manually control various settings such as shutter etc it will likely be quite shit at night.