Taking a Dahua IPC-HFW-4239T Bullet Cam apart? Any Issues?

Rob2020

Known around here
Reaction score
I am planning on separating a Dahua 4239 at the red points in the attached drawing. It seems easy enough but I wanted to inquire in advance for any tips, issues, gotchas, lessons learned, etc
4239.PNG

WHY? I am feeding the small diameter at the junction/separation point through a (smaller) hole in a wood privacy fence and then reassembling for the purpose of disguising the camera inside a home made birdhouse (camouflaged not for watching birds). The camera overall is too big for the size birdhouse I want to use and feeding part through the fence effectively shortens the camera from 9.6 inched to about 6 inches depth.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No problem, just watch for the cabling so you don't nick it or stretch it.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'd take that excellent opportunity to apply some outdoor-rated silicone caulk where the pigtail goes up inside the camera stem then allow the sealant to cure at least overnight before re-assembly.:cool:

Rob2020

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd take that excellent opportunity to apply some outdoor-rated silicone caulk where the pigtail goes up inside the camera stem then allow the sealant to cure at least overnight before re-assembly.:cool:
Great idea :)