Tablet Webcam

PlayedIn

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 2 wall mounted tablets. The tablets are running the Android version of Fully Kiosk browser. The FK browser on each tablet displays my Home Assistant Dashboard. One of the features of Fully Kiosk, is providing access to each tablet's webcam.

I can access the webcam stream (if that's the right word) with the following url. For example, for the tablet with an IP address of 192.168.1.205, I can access that webcam from a browser at "".

I've been trying for days to figure out some settings combination within BI to add these cameras, but I am at a loss. Per the Fully Kiosk website, the feature is described as "Access webcam by HTML5 (PLUS, Android 5+)". Does that mean that Blue Iris will be unable to record video from these webcams?

Thanks!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you considered an Android app such as IP Webcam that will take the tablet's camera and create an MJPEG or RTSP stream that Blue Iris can display and record?

I've had IPCam (for iOS, by SKJM) on an iPhone display a MJPEG stream into BI for hours without a hiccup.
In BI you put in the iPhone's IP address, select make as "Generic/ONVF", model as "MJPEG stream" and the path (at least with this particular iPhone app) is "/video.mjpg".

I would be surprised if a similar app for Android did not work the same with BI....I just don't have an Android tablet or phone to try it with.

Last edited:

PlayedIn

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I should probably test that. I haven't yet because Fully Kiosk in addition to streaming the tablet's webcam, also uses the webcam as a motion sensor. I have it to blank the screen until someone walks up to it. The screen stays on until 30 seconds after any motion is detected. I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that two Android apps can't access the builti n webcam simultaneously.

I might have to turn off Fully Kiosk webcam access, use the app you're talking about, and let Blue Iris do the motion detection. ..then use MQTT in Blue Iris Alerts to create a Home Assistant motion sensor. I could then create a Home Assistant automation to send a command to Fully Kiosk to turn on the tablet screen after the state of the Blue Iris motion detection changes from off to on.

If someone confirms that Blue Iris cannot stream from an HTML5 source such as the one provided by Fully Kiosk, I'll go that route. Thanks.

TheLaw

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you ever sort this out? For whatever reason it's not possible to run IP CAM apps + Fully Kiosk Browser (even with denied camera/mic rights). Eventually all the streams fail.

mattsfalco

n3wb
Reaction score
I have success with the following configuration:

All required Plus features enabled and Kiosk has all permissions enabled on the device. Set a Rest API Password in Kiosk settings.

http:// protocol
IP Address of the Device:2323
username and password is empty
Generic/ONVIF
JPEG/GIF/etc. image requests

ONVIF: 8999
RSTP: 544

Main (default) /?cmd=getCamshot&password=yourRestAPIPassword

Send RTSP Keep Alives
Use RTSP/stream Timecode

I have had success with frame rates up to 30 fps, but not sure if its really fetching images that fast. Also I don't think the ONVIF and RSTP Ports matter since they aren't used.