T5442T-ZE disabling noise filter makes no difference problem

advans

n3wb
Reaction score
I have two T5442T-ZE. Going through the GUI of the cameras, I shut off the noise filters. The audio settings of both cams are identical. The problem is one cam sounds no different when switching the filter on /off. The other camera is good showing a big difference with the filter on /off. Thoughts?

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Unsure if you want the noise filter on or off for both? If there is nothing to 'filter', then you will not notice a difference between on/off.
Some settings to check for both cams:
  • mic level
  • audio compression type
  • sample freq
  • firmware rev
  • environment, cam location

simby

n3wb
Reaction score
I have two T5442T-ZE. Going through the GUI of the cameras, I shut off the noise filters. The audio settings of both cams are identical. The problem is one cam sounds no different when switching the filter on /off. The other camera is good showing a big difference with the filter on /off. Thoughts?
Works like it should on my end (disabled on all cams). By sounds no different you mean it still sounds muffled and distorted even with noise filter disabled?

advans

n3wb
Reaction score
Unsure if you want the noise filter on or off for both? If there is nothing to 'filter', then you will not notice a difference between on/off.
Some settings to check for both cams:
  • mic level
  • audio compression type
  • sample freq
  • firmware rev
  • environment, cam location
I would like the noise filter off on both cams as it sounds not only clearer but louder as well when disabled. The audio settings on both cams are identical. On the the good cam, when switching the filter from on to off, I can clearly hear the sound from the street become louder and sharper. Yet on the bad cam, there is no audible change whatsoever.
  • mic level - 100
  • audio compression type - g.711a?
  • sample freq - 8000
  • firmware rev - V2.800.15OG004.0.R, Build Date: 2020-10-19
  • environment, cam location - front of home about 20 feet apart

advans

n3wb
Reaction score
Works like it should on my end (disabled on all cams). By sounds no different you mean it still sounds muffled and distorted even with noise filter disabled?
It is definitely muffled. Not loud and clear as on the good cam with filter disabled. There is no difference in noise level and clarity when turning it on or off on the bad cam, unlike on the good cam. It is as if the noise filter is permanently on.

simby

n3wb
Reaction score
It is definitely muffled. Not loud and clear as on the good cam with filter disabled. There is no difference in noise level and clarity when turning it on or off on the bad cam, unlike on the good cam. It is as if the noise filter is permanently on.
I guess manual reboot makes no difference? I would try a complete factory reset and if that doesn't help, maybe upgrade FW as the last resort.

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A work-around if none of the above works:
since the two cams are only 20' apart in the same relative area - you can assign the audio from the good cam to the bad cam.

advans

n3wb
Reaction score
I guess manual reboot makes no difference? I would try a complete factory reset and if that doesn't help, maybe upgrade FW as the last resort.
I've done a reboot, but will have to try and do a reset to see if that helps.

advans

n3wb
Reaction score
A work-around if none of the above works:
since the two cams are only 20' apart in the same relative area - you can assign the audio from the good cam to the bad cam.
Thank you. Currently running audio on both, but just prefer it to be working like it should be.