T2431 4 mp is being stubborn

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I just received three of these from Andy. When I plug one into my 4208-8p, I get this message in the nvr channel

conf.loginerrorNo-20.

I've tried everything I can think of at this point. Passwords match in camera and nvr channel. Even tried to log in with onvif and I don't get that message but the video feed never comes up. All smart features are not on the the camera, just motion detection. Anyone have any ideas? The 4208-8p is supposed to support up to 5 mp cameras but it's an old unit and I never updated the firmware, never even sure there was one for it. So all else fails I'll either get a new nvr or sell these cameras cause the eight I have in there now are fine, 3mp turrets from some years ago.

Any ideas about that error? I asked Andy as well. Hasn't checked in yet.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks, read that through a bunch lol. It turns out my 4208-8p nvr from 2014 has long since become old and mostly incompatible with new cameras. I got it going but only as onvif and that's not what I want from dahua cameras and nvr. Upgrading the works now through Andy.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Btw I'll have a 4208-8p and 8 cameras up for sale shortly. It all works together well but is older tech. Maybe that's enough for someone. Five 3mp turrets, one 3mp bullet and a couple of 4433's. Message me if anyone is interested.