Switching from Bullet to Turret.

Eustace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello

I installed the Huisun 10x PTZ in front of my house and wish I would have purchased a turret type camera. I can't tuck it under the eves far enough and like the looks of a turret type camera better. Does anyone have any suggestions on a turret type camera with at least the same quality night pictures as the Huisun? Would like auto tracking and audio also. I would spend more money for better quality and better support..

Thanks

Eustace..

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
this is the only turret PTZ I am aware of: https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/9163-Dahua-Mini-Black-Face-PTZ-(SD29204S-GN)

No AutoTracking, and its not IP66 rated.. does have audio and same 2MP sensor as the Huisun, the IR is better I and the quality and software is definitely better.. it has DST Support, Documented API Commands, internal PoE, MultiPlatform support and Client Apps for Windows/OSX/Android/iOS

its only 4x zoom tho, you got to go for a big full size PTZ for more and I suppose those are turret-like.. but hardly as compact and pretty as most turrets.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Hello

I installed the Huisun 10x PTZ in front of my house and wish I would have purchased a turret type camera. I can't tuck it under the eves far enough and like the looks of a turret type camera better. Does anyone have any suggestions on a turret type camera with at least the same quality night pictures as the Huisun? Would like auto tracking and audio also. I would spend more money for better quality and better support..

Thanks

Eustace..
Sure you can buy much better cams that are more expensive with much better firmware and support and even auto tracking, but they would be even larger in size with more zoom or have less zoom (Hikvision 4-line). Either live with it or get a turret and suffer the consequences with bad night image and lack of zoom with any of those major brands. Bottom line you will not find a better camera then this mini PTZ for your scenario. Alternatively you could look at new turret Longse VF 2.8mm-12mm without PT, but has pretty good image since it uses same sensor as Huisun.

https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/9362-69-motorized-varifocal-4x-(2-8mm-12mm)-Longse

Eustace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the help. I was just reviewing my camera and I had company last night! Looks like they were going to try and steal my truck!

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd say keep the PTZ you have and add a few fixed turrets for better coverage and redundancy...

Eustace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Pozello.. Yes, going to be several cams.. My hands were sweaty watching that today. I know where the weak spots are now. My next add on is motion sensors..

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Definitely share! Post the video in the Pics and Videos/Camera Captures section.