Switched DVR to PAL now blank screen.

Bronzell

n3wb
Reaction score
I changed the video setting from NTSC to PAL and now the screen is blank.

I removed the battery turned it on and off then replaced the battery.

I hit the reset button on the board.

I held the stop button and a combination of the above.

How do i reset back to factory?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It could help if you specified the brand and model number.

Assuming you are talking about a NVR, before you "reset" it, were you able to put its IP into your browser on your PC and bring up the NVR's built-in webGUI? If so, you should have been able to change it back to NTSC that way.

But since you reset it, it's likely that IP has changed. Most NVR's are set to DHCP by default and will obtain an IP from your router when booted up.. If so, you could run the free Advanced IP Scanner on your PC, set it for your subnet and perform a scan of your LAN and look at the results to find the "new" IP of your NVR.

That IP range that Advanced IP Scanner asks for would be from AAA.BBB.CCC.001 to AAA.BBB.CCC.254. For example, mine is 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.254, and the 192.168.1.1 is my router.

Bronzell

n3wb
Reaction score
I didn't have it connected to my computer. Just an older digital TV. I am looking into a bnc to USB adapter or HDMI adapter in order to connect to my PC. I figured i could set the refresh rate to 50hz.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You do not have to try and send analog camera or analog DVR output to any kind of monitor IF the DVR has an Ethernet port for your network.
Does the DVR have one of those on the back? It looks like a fat phone line female but with 8 pins like this:

LAN-PORT.png

Is your PC connected to a VGA monitor?
Do you have a router?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Then insure laptop is on your network (your "LAN"), download and install Advanced IP Scanner, connect DVR to router "LAN" port with an Ethernet cable, boot it up, run AIS program you downloaded and look for your DVR's IP.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Then I should be able to view the DVR through the computer?
Yes.

Most DVR's / NVR's have embedded webGUI available via your PC's browser (oftentimes, you must use Internet Explorer) with config screen similar in hierarchy to what you see directly from the DVR's video output.

Thank you for help and support.
You're welcome and good luck.

FYI, won't be checking this forum for several hours now; I must keep appt. with chiropractor then return and clear path in garage for delivery of new washer & dryer tomorrow.

That's the way I roll, it seems.....go to chiropractor THEN come home, bend over, lift, carry and set stuff down....which is why I went to him in the first place. Oh, well. :facepalm:

Bronzell

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey brother how you doing? I followed your instructions except I couldn't get the IP address from the AIS software. I went into my router utility and found it as unconnected hardware. I loaded the IP address into IE and the tab comes up Web Application Manager with a frowning face that says IP address didn't send any data. Thanks again for your assistance.

Bronzell

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok now I see the IP in AIS. Under it's IP it says HTTP, Web Application Manager. Ok so when I click on view only it says Radmim Server is not found. When I ping the address it loops with the same reply